Trade Targets

I concur on every point you made here.

Fwiw - Watts second best season was a season he played predominantly behind the footy.

I donā€™t think we need Watts at all. Francis and Ridley should be fighting for that third tall spot.

Plus all my Melbourne supporter mates would never let me live it down after all the ā– ā– ā– ā–  Iā€™ve given them over the years about Watts.

Remember when everyone in the whole stadium cheered when he was subbed off when we were flogging the Dees?

Good times!

3 Likes

Wait, wait, you have Melbourne supporter mates. Youā€™re not welcome here!

2 Likes

Donā€™t have any Melbourne mates all barrack for Pies,Carlton,Hawks,Richmond

I also remember earlier this year when he kicked 4 against us. Not so good times!

1 Like

Gave us a bit of a touch up in that game.

Who doesnā€™t?

How else do you afford to stay at the snow during the high season?

Crap kick and decision making. Other than that quality player !!

Loved his point celebration tho haha.

Based on what has been said, plus a little bit of total speculation/hope on my part, my preferred outcomes for the trade period are now:

• Saad and #19 for #11 and #46
  • Stringer for #19
  • Balic for #64
  • Either Schache for our 2018 1st, or Watts for our 2018 2nd

And then pick up in the draft:

• Tim Kelly with our pick #28 in the draft,
  • Hind late,
  • One of Mitch Grigg or Wigg
  • Promote Draper
  • Rookie one of Adam Sambono, Liam Ryan or Cody Ninyette

Retire/delist from the senior list: the current four plus Howlett, Jerrett, Morgan, and Bird

Donā€™t over assume what I know about all these guys! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

too early for mine, finish his rookie stint, then promote.

He looks like Frodo.

You remember what happened to Jenkins, right?

We have leunberger and bellchambers ahead of him, not ryder and hille.

Iā€™d still lock him in.

Given rookies can just play whenever now, I donā€™t think itā€™ll matter too much. Bet we are going to be paying him a fair bit more for his services in 2018 then we did in 2017 though.

Had a ripper development year. Could get most improved, except his improvement was hidden by developing at the lower level.

I think he genuinely surprised everyone at the club.

You can only pay him more if heā€™s senior listed. Rookie list wages are set. This is one of the reasons Iā€™d promote him, we want him to feel valued.

2 Likes

Going by how his brother called the media to on his draft day, and how ecstatic he was to be drafted, i dont think hes the kinda figjam mercenary player to do that. Also hes only played the game 2 years, we have time.

Jenkins did turn out to be able to walk the talk though

Things can turn if another team gets in his ear.

1 Like