Trade Targets

I think Schache would be a great get for us in the future, but what about Weideman from Melbourne, similar boat young, developing KPF but may have less worth (but similar potential) and we have had some trades with the Dees of late.

Also don’t discount the fact that his (Weideman’s) grandfather and Zac and Jackson’s grandfathers, I believe were premiership team mates at collingwood may just pee the pies fans off that little bit more when they become Essendon Premiership heroes! :wink:

1 Like
RECENTLY retired Hawthorn champion Luke Hodge admits he is "contemplating" a shock move to play for the Brisbane Lions.

Hodge told Channel Seven on Wednesday he has had a discussion with Lions coach Chris Fagan about turning his back on retirement.

The Brisbane Lions confirmed discussions have taken place with Hodge’s manager Paul Connors.

Lions general manager of football David Noble said the club was keen on acquiring Hodge.

“We are keen to explore the possibility of Luke playing for our club with his manager in the coming days. Luke’s ability to assist with developing and nurturing our emerging group as an additional on field leader would be a great help to us,” Noble said.

1 Like

Ah, of course.

1 Like

He’s been a busy man Connors.

Genuine lack of talent I believe

If we could get Saad and Stringer in this year that would be a very productive trade period. Get it done Jackets.

6 Likes

Has been known to celebrate too early.

Edit: Sorry, forgot. Fark Carlton.

30 Likes

Like is not enough.

Makes me happy everytime

4 Likes

IMG_0705

2 Likes

Watts as a third tall defender? Pffft. He’s nowhere near brave or strong enough in the air to play that role. It’s just pure fantasy imo. He likes space and running. Stick him on the wing but not what we should be interested in regardless.

1 Like

Saad should be a much higher priority for us than Stringer or Schache. And FFS not Watts please

2 Likes

But he has played that role for Melbourne in the past, quite well in fact.

And as you allude to they have used him on the wing too to affect, although I wouldn’t use a midfield slot on him.

But I agree, regardless of position he isn’t really someone we should target.

1 Like

yeah nah

2 Likes

I think they’ve used him as a distributer off half back but I don’t ever recall ever seeing him put in a dominant display of intercept marking. Happy to be corrected if someone can point me to an example

Stringer…Schache…Saad…wow, how far we’ve come.

I remember the days of McVeigh, Pittard, Webb and Masten…memories that seem so faint now…almost like it never happened.

3 Likes

I’m at the “how are we going to find enough picks to bring in all these players” stage of delusion.

7 Likes

Believe he won a flag with Coburg with our very own Michael Hartley.

1 Like

Riley Dunn

2 Likes

I wonder what position his manager plays…

Definitely slots into every players back pocket

3 Likes