Trade Targets

Sarcastica font anyone…

6 Likes

Myers, Bird, Langford & Clarke. Clearly could use another of class here though.

Report on Ch7 news tonite that Essendon interested in Adam Tomlinson of GWS

4 Likes

He said it’s between us and St. Kilda.

Hmmm. He’s played predominantly across half-back this season hasn’t he? Maybe an upgrade on Hartley, add to our KPD depth and allow us to keep Hooker forward. It makes sense in that regard. Wonder if the James Stewart link might work the oracle? I wouldn’t be against getting him…

Second round pick for Stringer.
Pick 11 for Tomlinson and Smith?

1 Like

Can we get a Kurt Aylett with that?

13 Likes

You are asking the wrong questions, there are plenty of Tigers who probably wouldn’t get a game with us.

Squibbed it a few times against the Tiges after playing a near bog first quarter

1 Like

You literally don’t know what literally means.

4 Likes

Not sure the need is that dire.
Parish needs to play inside mid to play his best. Almost no opportunities there this year.
Heppell we know about is an AA / B & F level player as an inside mid. And Zerrett. There’s our starting 3 right there.
Zaha just put together his most complete year ever, as a primary onballer. McGrath getting increasing opportunities on ball as the year progresses - again, he deserved more this year.
Mutch Clarke and Begley all end up inside mids from last draft. Langford in there too. Myers filling in gaps.

The second worst thing we could do as a club would be to persist with more Howlett/Bird types because they’re hard. The worst thing we could do would be recruit more.

9 Likes

Can play a bit but has the agility of a fossilised blue whale carcass.

2 Likes

Has good hands and insane endurance, we might see him as the next Hooker down back but honestly I’d rather not go after him

Not one I saw yesterday.

Interesting…Surley Greater Western Silvagni is onto this?

5 Likes

Can we speculate the position they would play him?

They literally have played Tomlinson in every position except ruck at GWS in the senior / NEAFL?

Inside Mid

I still think Hartley would be great if it wasn’t coming in D50 7000 times a game.

15 Likes

Richmond is more about system rather than players - and they have some average players playing a great role

Looking over the team these are the ones I would question getting a spot in our team:

McIntosh, Vlastuin, Townsend, Lambert, Butler, Broad, Castagna and Graham would not be automatic starters in our team. You could probably find spots for 4/8 but not all of them. And that’s the point system is beating talent at the moment.

B: Rance, Astbury, Grimes
HB: Houli, McIntosh, B. Ellis
C: Prestia, Edwards, Vlastuin
HF: Cotchin, Rioli, Townsend
F: Riewoldt, Lambert, Butler
R: Nankervis, Grigg, Martin
IC: Broad, Castagna, Caddy, Graham
Em: Short, Hampson, C. Ellis

3 Likes

I wanted Tomlinson last year and most on here shot me down

4 Likes