Trade Targets

Does the job defensively and excellent at attacking play from HB which helps with ball movement and thus scoring power

Ambrose limited attacking wise
Francis can’t run out a 1st quarter at AFL level

We can’t just have Hurls as the only attacking player in main defensive trio.

1 Like

He wouldn’t be a key defender though yeah? I wouldn’t want him in franklin, Kennedy types

Seemingly was doing so

GWS had Davis, Tomlinson & Corr as their defensive 3

If Shiel was the contracted player that Dodoro was referring to I would do my load.

7 Likes

Sloane’s wife works for Ladbrokes. Not sure if she’s taken a job here in Melbourne but I know his parents seriously considered moving to Adelaide a couple years ago. He’s an RFA next year & there does seem to be some noise around that he might look to come home. He’s from Upwey originally, he may want to play for a big club in front of his family at the back end of his career. Definitely watch this space IMO.

9 Likes

I reckon their prelim was better than the Crows performance in the GF. Moved the ball from defence to attack with a lot more flow. Add in Cameron. Replace Johnson with someone with a little aggression.

1 Like

Their salary cap increase was.in line with a larger list. I think 50. It’s come down with their list size.

I’m only really aware of Sydney’s cost of living bonus paid to player on less than 300.(what a joke that still is. Maybe for rookies under 100).

Gws have had so many top picks and found so many gun players I’d think they’d be continually clearing the decks of the guys just under to keep their cap under control.

If they can get back into the first round by trading out Kennedy, Smith and Tomlinson then that’s a win for them.

Just keep the factory going.

He will compliment our glut of quality midfielders.

1 Like

As opposed to the paltry crowds he plays in front of for adelaide. They’re a huge club, one of the few that could actually stand on their own two feet without AFL money. If he’s coming back to Melbourne, it’s not to “play for a big club”…

Hope we are going hard for Ah Chee

1 Like

Take it easy champ, point being he could be interested in returning home to play in front of his family. That being the case, do you reckon he’d go play for North Melbourne?

1 Like

There are that point now that if they do that and miss by picking the next Paul Ahern then there factory line is finished.

They are a very good player like Shiel, Patton, Cameron, Kelly or Coniglio leaving from being right back with everyone else list wise.

Also you just listed 3 first rnd picks. If they get 1 back in return for those 3 that is an epic fail.

1 Like

Why are we still talking about the Hawthorn board?

I didn’t say they would only get one.

And they have at least a dozen mids on their list that would command an early first rounder if they left, probably 2. How many other clubs boast that?

I’m talking Shiel, Congilio, Kelly, Scully, Greene, Whitfield, Ward(actually 7). And a lot to like about their recent recruiting as well.

The thing is they have the cream and 17 bidders every year. Taranto, Setterfield will be gun players too. They’ll put enough games into them so they can slot in if they lose one of the above.

Governance issues? Can’t sack a CEO 5 months into her tenure, can you? Bad Optics.
Replacing the first female CEO with a bloke who was fired for having sexual relations with women who were in his employ (I decided not to say beneath him or sub-ordinant to him)…More Bad Optics

Lucky it was not Essendon who did this.

There that is the end of it for this thread, hopefully.

2 Likes

I’d say equal chance as anyone else. Perhaps more so because they’re gladly throwing huge coin and contract tenures around. It’s not like he’s been starved of the big game experience.

I don’t recall him costing them Mummy, I thought that was just their overall cap and Ottens being #1 ruck. Even though Blake was no more than a journeyman, he was cheap backup for Ottens that they got with a third round pick. So still useful.

Blake was around well before Mumford, wasn’t he? And a F/S pick.

I remember the stink when Stephen King got preferred to him in the 2007 GF.

1 Like

When they got Blake everyone thought it was a big discount.

He turned out average, but they were saved from having to spend a first rounder on him by the rules at the time.

1 Like

It’s in black and white - Tomlinson played his early footy at GWS as a high forward and in fact played the final against Richmond in the midfield in which he was about GWS’ best player - And played around half a season in the NEAFL in the midfield - Not everyone can play midfield at GWS.

1 Like