Trade Targets

Well, of all the top 5 players in that draft $1,000.000 man Nic Nat isn’t complaining what number he went at

Looking back at that draft and my memory is that Watts was a stretch and there were question marks at the time. That being said, not the greatest top 10 in the history of drafts. If you redid the draft now I imagine Hurley would go close to number one. Hannebury and Sloane who were later picks would be his main competition

I’ve always felt that Sibebottom would have been another Melksham if we hadve recruited him.

In that scenario, would Melksham have been another Sidebottom?

Well, this was pre-draft and more about whether we should target mids or talls.

I watched two lots of live matches from the 2008 Under 18 carnival. I thought it was a high standard group compared to watching the 2017 group. I would have Hurley as my number one selection and Watts around 5 or 6. Would have had Natanui at the back end of the top 10. Would have had Hartlett and Rich in the top 3. The player who went criminally late Walters who I thought was a banker top 15 pick. Thought schoenmakers would have a better career, but not to be.

Tom Lamb delisted by WCE.

I remember being keen on him in 2014 draft.

Does anyone know if he has shown anything or just another dud?

1 Like

Wrong attitude

Edit: maybe wrong attitude is the wrong term given what HM said afterwards

Extremely talented but has some issues that clubs believed likely to hamper his ability to do what’s necessary to achieve at the top level. Looks like it turned out that way.

Yes I’m being deliberately vague here. I know what the issues are but there’s nothing to be gained by spouting them all over the Internet. I suspect Tom won’t get picked up. Will probably be very handy in a local league if he chooses to continue with footy though.

Thanks HM. I guess this shows that the draft can be a lottery at any pick.

Makes me even more excited we got SSS for picks only.

The other cheek?

side bottom gold sack big cox lololololol

3 Likes

Michael Close just delisted…are we into him? He could be a handy acquisition.

1 Like

If we are keeping Smack as a kpf backup I’m not sure why we’d bother with Close.

Yet to be convinced Close is AFL standard. Poor agility, struggles to read the play and gain separation on the lead and inconsistent hands in marking contests.

Some of you blokes must watch a lot of games.
I generally watch about 1 or 2 games a weekend other than ours and even then i’m often only half watching, so I generally know very little about opposition players.

2 Likes

Aboods has got me covered comfortably, then.

5 Likes

Only 1k? Surely he is on more than that…

If only they had Harmichael there!

Based on what Lions fans think of him, I’m a “no” on Close.