Trade Targets

Is Close the bald bloke who plays for them?

Thatā€™s josh walker

Close could have been a good footballer if he was good.

6 Likes

Donā€™t know if this has been asked before but, is Michael Close any relation to Robin Close who played good footy for the Bombrays in the 70ā€™s

I remember this was discussed when he was in the draft.
Canā€™t remember the answer, so Iā€™m no help really, but it was discussed.

1 Like

@Robin_Close

Stand byā€¦

1 Like

Er well, could be. Hard to sure sometimes with these sorts of thingsā€¦

1 Like

Oi!

From Brisbane FC website:

ā€¢ The Brisbane Lions ended up taking the big-framed youngster with Pick No.32 at the 2012 AFL National Draft, with a view of him being a long-term prospect up forward.

ā€¢ At the time of him being drafted, National Talent Manager Rob Kerr said: ā€œThere are a few rough edges weā€™ll try to knock off him over the next few years, but the thing in Michaelā€™s favour is that heā€™s very competitive and that was the thing that probably stood out for us. Heā€™s going to be a project player. We need to find players who can hold down forward roles for us.ā€

Collins and Freeman probably the only 2 DFAā€™s Iā€™d have a look at

Is that Freeman with the spaghetti hamstrings?

1 Like

What do you see in Freeman?
He was at Brisbane for a while yet could barely get a game even though they had very few tall options.
One season asside, heā€™s been pretty much injury free.
Not sure if he smashed many NEAFL games.

Blummers you speak too much sense. We tradedin 3 best 22 players, so see no need to move DFAā€™s.

McKenzie signed with Port

You signed with Portā€¦ You signed with Portā€¦ EVERYONE SIGNED WITH PORT!!!

2 Likes

so one of the clubs linked to Jordan De Goey.

havent followed his career that muchā€¦

can he play? would he leave and whats he worth?

can play, one of my favourite non essendon players, exactly what we need and in the right age bracket. He would probably be worth a late first rounder.

Strong bodied inside mid who kicks goals (playing fwd mainly at present) and has some kent in him

Only problem is the off field hijinx & quite a few injuries.

Pies have stuck by him through a fair bit of it so I imagine he might want to repay the faith but who knows.

WANT

This is the one we need to be chasing, forget Wines, forget Sloane that will cost us an arm and a leg. DeGoey can play inside mid and forward with plenty of mongrel that we are missing. And we may be able to afford him.

Whatā€™s he worth? Agree with alex.f, probably late first rounder, Early 2nd. So trading our current first round pick straight to Collingwood isnā€™t going to happen. And seeing we have no 2nd round pick, how do we get him?

Packaging a 3rd round and a player will get us laughed off the trade table. So weā€™d have to be a bit creative with our first round pick. Even if we keep our high first rounder, weā€™ll very likely miss out on the best midfielder in the draft anyway. Heā€™ll go one or two. As bad as we are, I canā€™t see us getting below Carlton or Brisbane on the ladder.

So could the woods want to swap their first and DeGoey with our high first round pick? A definite possibility is Collingwood will want one of the King brothers to fill a key position to help out Moore. To get it over the line we could send a young player their way as steak knives. Hartley? Redman? Jerrett? (kidding)

We get DeGoey and stay in the first round. A pick somewhere in the teens. With a deep draft I think we could still find another midfielder. Collingwood lose a good player from a very deep and strong midfield and gain a pick that gets them one of the best key position players in the draft. Oh and steak knives.

Edit: How depressing is it that itā€™s not even round 8 and weā€™re already discussing trade week.

4 Likes