Trade Targets

He’s 19 mate

How can you make that judgement after 1 game at AFL level?

Happy to give him time just hoping he’s not one of those players we hang onto for too long like the club has a habit of doing.

He’s a very low pick? There is a reason why he slide down the draft order so much imo

Go back through history and see how many CHAMPIONS of the game were over looked in 1 or 2 full drafts and then picked as rookies the next year. Draft number, once on a list, is completely irrelevant.

He’s done everything that has been asked of him so far.

Not sure what more somebody picked at pick 63 should have done.

Hope you are right

Didn’t Nimo get banned?
Oh hang on - that was Donnington…

Despite being younger is collecting more possessions at VFL level.

Right about what?

I’m not saying he will be any good but i am saying you have no way of knowing if he is only a VFL player, which is what you said, after seeing him in 1 AFL game.

Then the club needs to give him games so we can see if he make the grade don’t get why he was dropped after 1 game.

I hope he gets more games this year also.

I have been campaigning all year for the youngsters to be picked and to the clubs credit we have been giving them games recently.

Hope it continues.

Nino you may want to settle petal

Frothed over Wallis who’d been sent back to VFL to find form, returns to pump out a big 9 possession game! And Kent is getting pushed out from Dee’s.

Neither will do much for us. IMO we’d be better off sticking with Clarke over Wallis, Clarke is dominating VFL midfield stats, league leader in clearances IIRC (there is no rush for him to play seniors yet) and also Colyer over Kent.

Both we already have on our list. Both are already fringe players as is. Why get more?

Go after topline players instead

Let the Blues take the trash like they did with most of the GWS off casts.

2 Likes

The other thing is that Dyl is an inside mid.

Been plenty of top quality inside mids that only really get going after 3 or 4 years in the system.

Dyl killed it as a teenager in his pre-draft years. He is killing it in the VFL. Just let him get the size he needs and watch that translate to AFL footy.

Draper to Dyl to Langford… lock it in.

7 Likes

If we can snag Wines then brilliant but get the feel he will stay at Port.

It’s only the middle of the season

There will be others besides Wines including those in contract still. There always is.

But big Ollie still isn’t signed so you never know!

1 Like

I hope so our midifeld is missing that man child body like a Wines,Powel Pepper,Viney,Oliver etc

What about Will Brodie (GCS) high draft pic, big body mid.

2 Likes

Signed till 2020 i think

Would also have a look at Hopper.

Brodie is definitely worth a look but I doubt GC are going to tip a kid out after only two years in the system. Setterfield is one to look at too. Again, only two years in the system but coming off a knee reco and if GWS manage to hang onto Shiel, Coniglio, Ward, Kelly etc he may be limited for opportunities. Brodie on the other hand doesn’t really have anyone holding him back in the GCS system although he’s had some injury issues this season IIRC. What can anyone tell me about Lyons from Brisbane (not GC which came from Crows). Heard he’s been prolific in the NEAFL but not getting a go at Brisbane.