Trade Targets

I’m not sure we will be going out of our way to pick up any players not in their current side’s best team & likely to get the chop. We have our own youth to fill those roles as depth.

And if we do can pick up delisted free agents also for nothing if we lacking depth in specific areas.

Other teams average players do not do anything to significantly improve our team.

Go after definite best 18 if not best 10 players unless someone structurally important like a ruck - Preuss for example, and he may push past Belly anyway to be a best 22 player for us.

5 Likes

Happy to disagree but this one is a fair stretch for mine. Sloane is top few in the game inside and has been one of the premier mids in the comp the past 5 years. Beams wouldn’t even have been top 20 mids for mine.

1 Like

Does anybody know why Jayden Hunt wasn’t getting a game before his injury?? Could he be gettable? Do we need him?

Exactly. We already have enough fringe players we don’t need to bring in any more.

1 Like

Tyred of this ■■■■.
Does he have the motor we need?

1 Like

Surely we could register some interest.

Runs out of petrol by half-time.

Someone needs to put the brakes on this “recruit Wallis” talks.

1 Like

The core of our midfield is young

Raz 22
Heppel 26
Langford 21
McGrath 20
Merret 22
Parish 20
Smith 25
Stringer 24
Zaka 28

Using our picks on quality kids is more likely to give us the talent for our tilt. As in, they will be 21/22 when that group above hits their prime. An older player will cost more in picks and $ and might not assist in the window. Don’t underestimate impact of $ either. Not getting Sloane means you can use that money on existing players and front load so that next year or year after you have enough of a war chest to get someone better. Keep the cash this year so you can get a sheils or Kelly next year or two which should be the goal.

2 Likes

My Melbourne supporter mate says he’s a bit of a dhead as well.

I’m sure we can find players better than him to come to the club.

Watching that dogs game I’d be far more interested in obtaining Dahlhaus over Wallis.

Still think he could get back to his best football and more to work with.

1 Like

If you saw the game last night, you would have seen why Wallis is not needed. One dimensional, and not as hard at it as people think he is. Perhaps it’s a confidence thing, but he will just be another wasted spot on our list. Play the farking kids already!!!

2 Likes

Agreed. He plays in the same way that Smith does.

However was also one of the ratpack with Stringer so doubtful we’d go down that path. And also we prob have too many midget mids it seems as is.

Wallis’s 9 possesion game after being sent back to VFL to find form was hardly inspiring.

Sloane V Beams statistically

Sloane - tackles more, draws more free kicks, has been more durable last few years IMO.
Beams has more disposals/marks/goals per game - i guess more outside and links up more in general play

Thing is Dean Kent is probably better then our fringe players

Would pick Kent over some one like Clarke

Thank God our club knows more about football than you.

10 Likes

What has Clarke shown that Kent hasn’t?

1 Like

Clarke Kent lol

11 Likes

Not interested nemo.

Clarke to me seems one of those players too good for VFL level but not quite good enough for AFL