Training - 25th March 2021

Quickly popped by training at 11am today.

A few observations…

Jones did some goal kicking before the session started all from around 25m out around on different angles, he had about 10 shots, kicked 9 of them straight through the big sticks.

Guelfi, Phillips and Zaka all were training with the main group. I assume all will play VFL this week.

Reid was also training, looks over his corkie.

Stewart and McBride were running laps at a good pace.

Didn’t see Ambrose do any running while I was there.

I could only stay for 20min so not much I can report on specific drills sorry.

100 Likes

16 Likes

Was noted in the injury update that Zaka would play VFL minutes this week so that’s good confirmation.

3 Likes

Any report is great.

I feel like we need Jones to practice goal kicking under pressure. No doubt he’s a great kick without pressure.

Maybe make him take 20 shots with the whole teams surrounding, putting him off etc.

3 Likes

I suspect he’ll be fine once he gets one away and relaxes. Technically he’s sound, first game nerves just got to him.

18 Likes

Fingers crossed

1 Like

1 Like

This.

I have no idea what’s be wrong with Guelfi, but great to hear he’s training with the whole group. Wouldn’t mind him in the side this week - unlikely I know.
Thanks @All-Star_Bomber_18

Are you saying he hit the post 9 times out of 10? And that he hit the post with so much power that the ball went through the posts?

7 Likes

Love your work mate, thanks for the updates. Don’t suppose you noticed how Stringer was going?

I think you mean THE STRINGS

2 Likes

Harry’s a beautiful set shot. He’s going to bring us all a great deal of joy over the coming years. Makes you think - how excited would we all be this week if he’d kicked straight on Saturday … a win on the board and a 4 goal forward on debut. Sigh.

26 Likes

in the injury update they said zacka will get game time at VFL this week.
Interesting guelfi injury not mentioned.

Trained with the main group. No issues

4 Likes

He was really rattled in front of goal. There was one where he was in a good position in front, but gave it off to someone who then passed to Tippa. Only reason he didn’t take the shot was confidence.

2 Likes

Nice to hear that McBride’s making progress on his mystery injury. Hopefully he can get himself back on the park soon.

3 Likes

9 out of 10 from 25m out…:thinking:

1 Like

He is the one gorilla sized KP defender we need to get fit and into the team.

i’d like to get a look at McBride this year too. I thought he showed something in the practice match he played in (last year?)

13 Likes