Training - 25th March 2021

Should be easy to get a look at him, he’s not moving very fast with that moon boot on!

1 Like

Does this seem early for a 10 week hamstring? I’m being optimistic and hoping he’ll be back earlier than first thought.

Not really, sometimes it takes 10 weeks and sometimes it only takes 2 weeks to become aware of your hamstrings.

2 Likes

I remember clearly I was 6 when I became aware of my hamstrings. I was in such a state of shock I needed a month off school, though I can understand that it might impact others more than me

8 Likes

Poor fella, sorta explains you now!

2 Likes

Barely touches the surface tbh

3 Likes

Just reporting I’ve got nothing to report.

3 Likes

Great

8 Likes

Touch’e!

The first time I became aware of my hamstrings was when I was bodyboarding in some decent surf and got the double hamstring cramp. I thought I was gonna die.

11 Likes

Nah that’s pretty standard rehab for a hamstring strain. Even one involving the intramuscular tendon as Stewart’s was.

You are generally able to jog pretty quickly after the injury. From memory Stewart was even seen jogging laps the very week after the Geelong game.

It’s more the level of caution you have to apply in rehabbing it and loading it very gradually and thoroughly for a return to sport that makes it a 10 week proposition.

He’ll be doing a whole heap of isometric exercises and the like indoors for a while, hitting various strength benchmarks.

It will still be a few weeks yet until he’s progressed from jogging laps at half pace at training to sprinting and kicking the footy.

13 Likes

It’s not just under pressure

It’s mainly when your stuffed and heart rate is at max

4 Likes

Went and had a look at training today.
Spoke to Andrew Phillips and Matt Guelfi and asked them how far away they were from resuming playing, Andrew Phillips said about another week and Guelfi said he would play some footy this week.

Did not see Hep but may have just missed him as the players swapped ends by the time I started watching.

I did notice 2 blokes outside the fence using camera’s.
Wondered if they were Port spies lol.

Seemed like a lite session from what I seen.

36 Likes

What did Guelfi look like in person?

1 Like

Hot!

4 Likes

Like a human lol or as my wife would say an attractive human lol.

2 Likes

Thank you for providing an update which is seemingly too hard for the club to do

1 Like
9 Likes
6 Likes

Are you saying he should do this on match day before the game?

2 Likes