Training - 25th March 2021

Ah training pics. Off-season nostalgia.

Off-season is only second behind trade period as the best time to be an Essendon supporter.

3 Likes

Bugger. I was hoping for a 4-6 week option.

Not all that long back for that exact some injury it would have been. Probably would have been back in 3 or 4 weeks.

But that was before the MRI scans and the quality of the scans, began picking up (intramuscular) tendon involvement.

So back when they would rehab them like any other stock standard hamstring strain, and they had a high rate of recurrence, a lot of those would have unknowingly had tendon involvement.

Now that they can pick it up, they rehab them differently and a lot more thoroughly and conservatively.

15 Likes

Very informative. Thanks.

Geez. A double cramp in the ocean…where there is soooo much magnesium.

WTF had you been up to that week?!

Photo 13/23. Evidence Hooker can jump.

For anyone expecting to see Perkins any time soon, he is more likely to be painting fences, waxing cars and putting his jacket on and off for a few weeks yet…
.image

25 Likes

Pretty sure we’d spent about 5hrs in the field/bowling at cricket the day before followed up by post game beers. I was pretty well sapped of every beneficial nutrient that I needed at the time.

1 Like

I hope Jones saw the replay of Mike Sheehan interview with Lloyd that was on fox the other night. Talked about how Sheedy made him practice goal kicking at half time once and how he (Lloyd) constantly practiced goal kicking.

2 Likes

That is why they have to work on metal side of set shots. At training 9 out of 10 during a real game 3 out of Tean.

His own words aswell he said he had first game nerves!

All I can tell from the pic is that grass makes it look like perkins is bigger than a car. Amazing.

4 Likes

Perkins - inj indefinitely. Copped a knock to the groin from a Ford Ranger. The hit was so significant that the Ranger actually emerged out of his bum.

He will begin his rehab once he gets the vehicle removed surgically.

4 Likes

How do I erase that post from my memory?

1 Like

Wot?

The photo lol

1 Like

It was Aaron Francis

2 Likes

Bloody hell.

More pics (ignore the broken appearance; Fark Carlton and Fark Collingwood!):

2 Likes

More more photos by @karmabomber:

https://www.instagram.com/karmabomber/