Training 5/2/14

Could be baguley be taking more kick ins? I'd like this to be settled this year. As much as I love Dempsey, I don't feel comfortable when he kicks in.
Speaking of Courtenay, has he been sighted recently?

Surely Hurley gets a fair amount of the kick in duties?

No...he and Fletch should be on the end of the kick-in....then booting it long to FF!! 

Fixed

Monfries and Frog Davey not at the club, I don't mind having a look at Baguley to see if he can play a defensive forward role, especially if he doesn't have suited opponent in the backline.

The last thing we need is a defensive forward. We already have Kommer to fill that role and what we actually need is someone who can hit the score board consistently and kick over 30 goals in season.

Thanks for your reports J.M, I read often but comment seldom, your efforts, as well as those of the other contributors are greatly appreciated. I've not heard much of Kavanagh this pre season, I have really high hopes for this kid and wonder whether you share my enthusiasm and how you see his development. 

Saladin is the expert on Kavanagh so watch his comments closely when the VFL starts.  I think he is progressing very well and has increased strength and fitness.  He strikes me as an intelligent player and one who should fit easily into following the game plan. Kavanagh is an accumulator of possessions and you can be surprised at how often he has handled the ball sometimes by the game's end.

This implies that you think Kavanagh will be playing VFL. :(

Am I reading too much into it?

I guess he'll start the season there, but he's not going to finish the year there i'm tipping. He's got that real look of class about him and i'm really looking forward to watching his development this season.

Jackson Merrett will be the one to surprise ths year I reckon.

Has speed,reads the play, class finisher,

Just think a little more size and another preseason may be enough to allow him to exert more influence in games.

i hate days where i don't have a training report to look forward too.

Jackson Merrett will be the one to surprise ths year I reckon.
Has speed,reads the play, class finisher,
Just think a little more size and another preseason may be enough to allow him to exert more influence in games.

Reporters asked Bomber which young player/s have trained well in the pre-season and he refused to answer it.
Seconds later he slipped out Jackson then stopped and realised he was naming names :lol:
In all honesty though, expecting him to push in the 22 early on especially given Melskham will be out for the first couple whether its sub or a spot on the wing/HFF.

Monfries and Frog Davey not at the club, I don't mind having a look at Baguley to see if he can play a defensive forward role, especially if he doesn't have suited opponent in the backline.

The last thing we need is a defensive forward. We already have Kommer to fill that role and what we actually need is someone who can hit the score board consistently and kick over 30 goals in season.

agree.

We have struggled for years to have players that kick lots of goals.

Scoreboard pressure is always the best pressure - I just hope that Daniher can get over his goalkicking yips that were so apparent last year.

It's diificult to not worry when two of our consistent goalkickers - Crameri and Davey - have both left; and Bellchambers out already.

If Daniher and Chapman can kick some this season I'll feel better

Sorry if it has already been mentioned but are they training tomorrow and if so where and when?

Cheers!!

Sorry if it has already been mentioned but are they training tomorrow and if so where and when?

Cheers!!

Im not sure how to quote a news article off the Essendon website 

but it says training starts at 10.00am tomorrow at tulla 

I can‘t believe Blitz is shutting down on a training report day.

agree.

We have struggled for years to have players that kick lots of goals.

Scoreboard pressure is always the best pressure - I just hope that Daniher can get over his goalkicking yips that were so apparent last year.

It's diificult to not worry when two of our consistent goalkickers - Crameri and Davey - have both left; and Bellchambers out already.

If Daniher and Chapman can kick some this season I'll feel better

Bring back Reimers?