Training 7th March 2020

Possibly my fav simpsons moment

Iā€™ll just ignore that he asked for Mattā€™s advice instead of mine (lol) but yeah I canā€™t put my finger on who that is, might need to dig through a few past rucks in the draft.

1 Like

Thanks for the training report guys, itā€™s really appreciated. Not sure if other clubs have access to info like this, we Bomber fans are very fortunate to have several fans who consistantly deliver the goods.

Iā€™m quietly confident our ball movement and structure behind the ball is much more sustainable this year, which will hopefully stop the defence getting exposed so often. Itā€™s also nice to see that general skills and execution are much better than this time last year. The 2 JLT games against Carlton & Geelong featured terrible turnovers that continued into the start of the season, and we all know how well that went.

33 Likes

Welcome aboard Shann.

4 Likes

Has Matt Balmer really gone from yet another journo dribbler (based on the BS Tom Hird he cobbled together) to font of all draft knowledge in the space of 24 hours??

Matt got onto Fox Footy based off all the draft work he did with AFL Draft Central, he left in the first year I started with them. His pretty good with draft talent and he certainly does more with the womenā€™s footy compared to myself.

4 Likes

Pretty strong side we named

Heppel,Hooker,Ambrose,Bellchambers,Daniher only ones missing

Iā€™m not sure if he trained on Thursday but if not today was his first session.

Itā€™s the hard hat

1 Like

Been following Matt for a bit. Also comes from doing great work with the cricket. Not only a good journo, good bloke, hope he goes far

2 Likes

There was a duck that lived in an old girlfriendā€™s backyard and without thinking I named him thus.

She could never understand why he was working in the first place.

Yep.

Everything comes back to having a lot more numbers on the track. Wonā€™t make any headway with 25 or 28 guys out there.

Suggestion on @begbieā€™s twitter that itā€™s Matt Rendellā€™s son, listed for Franga.

1 Like

do you put any stock in that?

Conor hadnā€™t touched a footy until 18-19 and kicks better than 80% of the league.

Everyoneā€™s different IMO, plenty of guys grow up with the game and canā€™t kick for nuts (Jaxson Barham anyone?)

Yesā€¦ but Hird.

Nope but certainly has the closest hairstyle at least haha

Still a mystery to me

Bloodline punches out a good one every 2nd generation.

1 Like

Surprised nobody has noticed Tom Hird is wearing number 49.

Which if you didnā€™t know was the first number that James Hird wore back in 1992.

14 Likes

Had a quick look on Google and it looks like him - James Rendell

and in #49!