Training 9 July 2020

Cool 16c, with a strong SE breeze.

Need to begin by honouring the first great training reporter by channelling my inner Koala .

Hey hamster, luvya with your top off but you’re no MJ.

(well that’s what she would’ve said if she was here).

There were 2 main groups reds and blues. Reds were mostly the 1s and blues the 2s, but there were exceptions with Ham, Langford & ? in the blues, but they were swapping a bit. Zaka in red and tommy & joe in blue.

Lot of work initially on positioning around a marking contest. Truck would freeze play and reset positioning of players within a metre or so. Lots of precision.

In the link up play McKenna was positioned down back. Hard to see if Francis or Hooker would move forward. I expect Francis, he was doing marking drills v Ridley, but that’s just more my preference.

Hepp, Cutler & McQuillan were in the rehab group. Hepp took some drills in a moonboot. Mutch joined Hepp later for some 1 on 2 work. All others trained fully (for the hour I was there) including Joe. Joe was moving fine and drilled one on the bounce from 60m out.

All players looked upbeat.

Stir fried bollocks
(not as ballsy as nackers)

94 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Excellent.gif

tenor-3

32 Likes

Cheers.
Going by that, maybe the changes will be:

In: Merrett, McKenna (back), Francis (forward)
Out: Hibberd, Gleeson, Stringer

5 Likes

Zaka will never get dropped.

2 Likes

@stir_fried_ewok

was fantasia training with the defenders?

DROP ZAHARAKIS

3 Likes

We have a training report from Queensland?

Man I love you Blitz. That is so awesome

44 Likes

clicked on the link fully expecting some ■■■■ take… nope.

quite impressive really.

2 Likes

Zaharakis has 38 disposals in 4 rounds of footy.

A whopping average of 9.5 per game.

Still won’t get dropped.

Fanta more linked up with the mids.

There was a pattern - get it out of congestion, then go to shiel and pass to saad on the outside to deliver to the forward. Sometimes Fanta & often Zach were in that chain but Fanta didn’t seem to start behind the ball.

4 Likes

J Daniher and nothing else.

Go.

2 Likes

fark does that mean Ham will be dropped? :frowning:

That moment when blitz learns that The Langford and Ham are dropped before Zaharakis will be a memorable one

10 Likes

Come on man, he’s had two games in a row. You just don’t want to overdo these things. Learnings and all that…

1 Like

IN: Big Tommy tanned up Bellchambers

5 Likes

Thanks Ewok.

Legend.

2 Likes

Thanks @stir_fried_ewok for the report- much appreciated.
Looking forward to the game!!

1 Like
20 Likes