Training august 27

Fark training…3 weeks in a row we have had injuries

Paradise

It really is a marvellous facility.

I’d love to have a kick on that !

Which oval is the 'MCG' and which is 'Etihad' looking from Melrose Drive?

Which oval is the 'MCG' and which is 'Etihad' looking from Melrose Drive?

The one in the picture is MCG.

Just remembered. During the full ground practise match, Bomber did stop the session to get the players to understand the spacing of players around the fifty to try and trap the ball inside our fifty. He particular pulled up Howlett on not getting to the right spot.

Just something to watch out for this weekend because we haven’t defended our forward fifty for quite some time.

I think that Koala bloke was right when she said we were lucky to have Heppell at our club. A young fan saw his hero running along the boundary and called out his name, and Heppell acknowledged the gesture and gave a thumbs up. Good stuff!

For Peeto  ;)

Wispy 

For paddyl90  ;)

Fletcher with Fletcher MKII

Geez this is pretty detailed for a news report. I'm surprised that they think that Will Hams and Jake Melksham engaging in some 1 on 1 training is very interesting for the wider public haha

ESSENDON stars Dyson Heppell and Brendon Goddard have failed to train three days out from the Bombers‘ finals-shaping clash with Carlton.

A loss to the Blues at the MCG on Saturday could mean the Dons have to travel interstate in the first week of the finals, instead of facing North Melbourne at home.

Reigning best-and-fairest Goddard was unsighted during a gruelling two-hour training session at Tullamarine yesterday.

Goddard was best afield against Gold Coast on Saturday but appeared to be carrying a sore leg late in the match.

An Essendon spokesman said late last night that the 29-year-old‘s absence from the track was about “managing his load” and the club was confident he would face the Blues.

Heppell had surgery on his broken left hand on Wednesday last week. He was anxious to keep the hand away from the ball during a gentle warm-up drill yesterday and ran laps rather than join his teammates during the main session.

Essendon has already this week ruled out its leading goalkicker Jake Carlisle (hamstring tightness).

A loss to the Blues coupled with an upset Richmond win over Sydney would almost certainly cast Mark Thompson‘s side to eighth and the nightmare side of the finals draw.

The team that finishes eighth will be forced on the road to face the loser of Saturday‘s Fremantle-Port Adelaide blockbuster in a cut-throat final — with victory to be rewarded with a another interstate trip against a top-four outfit.

If the Swans beat the Tigers, Essendon will remain seventh regardless of its result against Carlton.

In that case, and if the Bombers win against the Kangaroos, they would likely play Geelong or Hawthorn in an MCG semi-final.

Heppell sported a black glove at training. He faces a race against the clock to be fit to meet the Blues considering the recovery time is usually regarded as 2-3 weeks.

The $11 Brownlow Medal fancy may play with the aid of a painkilling injection and a guard to protect his hand, which would be shielded by a glove.

Defender Cale Hooker (concussion) provided the brightest news on the injury front at Essendon yesterday.

Hooker trained strongly and looks set to face Carlton.

The Bombers also declared Carlisle should be fit for September.

“The scans show there is not a tear but a bit of soreness with no actual bleed or anything like that,” club doctor Bruce Reid said of Carlisle.

Carlisle said: “It obviously isn‘t good news, probably will only be a week or two but I will try to do everything right.”

Returning coach James Hird made a brief appearance on the track, walking out with Reid for a few minutes before returning inside to club headquarters.

Thompson was vocal as the Bombers honed their Blues preparation and spent the final 20 minutes pitting youngsters Jake Melksham and Will Hams against each other.

The exhausted pair wrestled repeatedly and competed one-on-one under Thompson‘s eye with Melksham pushing for a recall.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/dyson-heppell-and-brendon-goddard-racing-the-clock-to-be-fit-for-essendons-match-against-carlton/story-fndv8gad-1227039207752

Our new CHF

Oreo Fanta having a shot at goal

Final shot of the 50m arc. Attention to detail on just about everything down at the HPC :)

Quality pics Jeff. Thanks.

Geez this is pretty detailed for a news report. I'm surprised that they think that Will Hams and Jake Melksham engaging in some 1 on 1 training is very interesting for the wider public haha

ESSENDON stars Dyson Heppell and Brendon Goddard have failed to train three days out from the Bombers‘ finals-shaping clash with Carlton.
A loss to the Blues at the MCG on Saturday could mean the Dons have to travel interstate in the first week of the finals, instead of facing North Melbourne at home.
Reigning best-and-fairest Goddard was unsighted during a gruelling two-hour training session at Tullamarine yesterday.
Goddard was best afield against Gold Coast on Saturday but appeared to be carrying a sore leg late in the match.
An Essendon spokesman said late last night that the 29-year-old‘s absence from the track was about “managing his load” and the club was confident he would face the Blues.
Heppell had surgery on his broken left hand on Wednesday last week. He was anxious to keep the hand away from the ball during a gentle warm-up drill yesterday and ran laps rather than join his teammates during the main session.
Essendon has already this week ruled out its leading goalkicker Jake Carlisle (hamstring tightness).
A loss to the Blues coupled with an upset Richmond win over Sydney would almost certainly cast Mark Thompson‘s side to eighth and the nightmare side of the finals draw.
The team that finishes eighth will be forced on the road to face the loser of Saturday‘s Fremantle-Port Adelaide blockbuster in a cut-throat final — with victory to be rewarded with a another interstate trip against a top-four outfit.

If the Swans beat the Tigers, Essendon will remain seventh regardless of its result against Carlton.
In that case, and if the Bombers win against the Kangaroos, they would likely play Geelong or Hawthorn in an MCG semi-final.
Heppell sported a black glove at training. He faces a race against the clock to be fit to meet the Blues considering the recovery time is usually regarded as 2-3 weeks.
The $11 Brownlow Medal fancy may play with the aid of a painkilling injection and a guard to protect his hand, which would be shielded by a glove.
Defender Cale Hooker (concussion) provided the brightest news on the injury front at Essendon yesterday.
“The scans show there is not a tear but a bit of soreness with no actual bleed or anything like that,” club doctor Bruce Reid said of Carlisle.
Carlisle said: “It obviously isn‘t good news, probably will only be a week or two but I will try to do everything right.”
Returning coach James Hird made a brief appearance on the track, walking out with Reid for a few minutes before returning inside to club headquarters.
Thompson was vocal as the Bombers honed their Blues preparation and spent the final 20 minutes pitting youngsters Jake Melksham and Will Hams against each other.
The exhausted pair wrestled repeatedly and competed one-on-one under Thompson‘s eye with Melksham pushing for a recall.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/dyson-heppell-and-brendon-goddard-racing-the-clock-to-be-fit-for-essendons-match-against-carlton/story-fndv8gad-1227039207752

On the Melk v Hams thing...
I didn't think Melk was that tired. I saw it more as a test of on how far Hams has to go to get games. I'm not even sure if Hams form in the reserves warrants a recall.
For the guys who have been to training often, is it normal that Bomber pits a few players together?

On the Melk v Hams thing...
I didn't think Melk was that tired. I saw it more as a test of on how far Hams has to go to get games. I'm not even sure if Hams form in the reserves warrants a recall.
For the guys who have been to training often, is it normal that Bomber pits a few players together?

The only games Hams has been playing is on the ps4.

As for 'gruelling' session-I'm sure that's from the perspective of if the journo who wrote the article had to partcipate.

Sheesh. Lifting content for their ‘report’.