Training Fri 19th Nov

any SSP guys allowed to be training there yet?
Wanganeen, Moore, Clarke etc?

9:30 for me means peak hour on the Monash freeway. Yuk.

I will turn up regardless :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I would suggest they would once all the drafts are complete at the end of next week.

You should think about writing about this pre draft thoughts on players😉

I know all sides roll out the “we want to train hard to get redemption blah blah” line after a disappointing end to a season. Regardless, you feel the elimination final would have stung them badly. And as a group with a new coach etc they would be driven to get a whole lot better.

I get the feeling we are genuinely on the improve and building a competitive side. And seeing how Stringer going about his business is an encouraging sign towards that.

8 Likes

A quiet determination and resilience is building in the group. It’s quite a novelty. When execution and belief meet that determination and resilience, that’s when something special is coming.

3 Likes

It’s a sad indictment on our swear filter that ■■■■ Reynolds gets dragged down to the level of ■■■■ Carlton.

16 Likes

For many years the club has been more about ‘hoping we’d get better’ without doing the hard work………

It looks like we genuinely want to close the gap between us and the top teams. It’s one of the few times that players have been fully committed to getting much better, with a full buy in across the playing list.

The only time I’ve seen us putting in the extra work was in 2013, when we were looking at finishing top 4 (if not 1st)…. Before we get smashed with injuries.

5 Likes

Interesting…

1 Like

For me, other clubs of late, have turned that desire/hope/promise into reality and gone on to be at the very least contenders and for some premiers.

So no reason why it can’t be us who are next to do the same.

But it won’t just happen because you want it to, it needs to happen through hard work and getting many things right.

Those pieces feel like they are coming together through the list and coach staff we are putting together. It looks like it has genuine substance.

8 Likes

NO.1 DEFENDER

3 Likes

A GENERAL!!!

2 Likes

Is Cian McBride training or still in Ireland?

1 Like

My understanding is that he is both the KPF and Small forward we have been looking for.

2 Likes

Cian wasn’t at training today.

3 Likes

So you’re saying that be wasn’t Cian at training today?

2 Likes

Thanks for the updates. Very surprised that there is no mention on how our new recruit Alex Rance trained.

2 Likes

He didn’t train today. We must have already broken him…

1 Like

Update on Brand and Hird @nackers @CJohns ?

Brand trained. Still clearly working on his aerobic fitness. I didn’t notice T.Hird.

2 Likes