Training - Fri 9th Dec 22

Our injury history with first round Key Position players is seriously appalling.

3 Likes

13 Likes

Sorry i have no detail on that. Hopefully we find out more soon. Could be foot, back… number of things. I know its vague sorry but he was told something today that required a rehab program

3 Likes

next stop, glue factory

It is just the grass. He is still fat, apparently.

1 Like

Remember the good ol’ days when it was instead Jones stepping into the glue factory?

Luckily he got cured.

5 Likes

Probably stress fractures for Reid

1 Like

God ■■■■■■■ damn it… That’s so frustrating. Hopefully it’s not as bad as it seems.

1 Like

Damn that sucks for him. Has had an absolutely horrendous run. Hopefully someone has told you porkies and it’s not too serious.

2 Likes

Yeah that was my first thought or just a hot spot.

He’s had in his back previously. Common for very tall young players.

If it’s any consolation, Harry McKay had his first few years severely injury affected also with back issues. It happens.

3 Likes

Me too. Not the source that would but you always hope its a one month or less scenario

1 Like

Nobody steps into a glue factory

1 Like

Makes decision on train-on players more complex if we find we need more mature defensive options. X Bulldog could be considered more favourably.

No doubt the fitness team really focussed on the programs for its young lean talls. Both Jones and Reid have suffered from ‘stress’ related injuries that have hampered their development.

Slow and steady approach, with all attention on their conditioning programs (weights & volume) as well as the hardness of the surfaces at The Hangar sure to be well reviewed. Of course, this all comes under the refocused and resourced ‘development’ and ‘fitness’ areas from the external review.

I wish the Governor of the Reserve Bank of Blitz would stop printing panic dollars.

16 Likes

7 Likes

The injuries Between Daniher, Reid, Jones & Cox.

Are we expecting young KPP to put weight on too quickly?

4 Likes

I think this could work.

16 Likes

Bad luck for poor Zach.

One positive though is that opens up a list spot when Zach goes on the injured list.

2 Likes

The whole program for young talls would be under due consideration. We can’t assume that a great customised program would see many of your young skinny tall players going down with chronic (some being stress related) injuries. Cox more traumatic type injuries I think. Reid and Jones have been stress related. Sure they’d be looking at amount of stress being placed on skinny, sometimes growing (?) by weights programs, recovery periods, hardness of the ground surfaces etc. we’ve had more than our share of foot stress related injuries giving rise to suspicion on whether surface is implicated… Wanganeen, young Hird as well.

Bugger! Didn’t he finish 6th in the 2km just the other day? Was really hoping he’d get a good run at it this pre-season.

2 Likes