Training Friday 14/2/14

How many games do people expect Fletch to play this season? If his preseason is anything to go by he doesn't seem to be slowing down..

Look at his hair! It‘s approaching 1993 luxuriousness!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL6CDFn2i3I 

l am curious as to why Blitzers consistently under rate Howlett. Why do they nominate him as the measuring stick, as the one others outside the team, need to surpass if we are to be any good?  

Indulge me my symbolism, lol!  (ok, i couldn't arrange an F1-11).

On the Up.

How many games do people expect Fletch to play this season? If his preseason is anything to go by he doesn't seem to be slowing down..

no ALOT I reckon enough till he breaks the record from what I've heard.

l am curious as to why Blitzers consistently under rate Howlett. Why do they nominate him as the measuring stick, as the one others outside the team, need to surpass if we are to be any good?

Because apart from his first handful of games he was average? And I mean average in the sense he deserves an AFL game, but is certainly a guy you hope is near the bottom of your midfield rotations. Which I think he is. Being in that position, you hope your youngsters get good enough to push him out.
I mean, the midfield is pretty settled as Jobe, Stants, Goddard, Heppell, Zaha, Hocking, Myers, Melks and Howlett. Howlett on last year's form is last in that list, which means he's the most vulnerable (injury & suspension aside) to getting over-taken by someone else.

You need to have played a game of senior footy before you have a top knot don't you?

Not if you are a samurai.

You need to have played a game of senior footy before you have a top knot don't you?

Not if you are a samurai.

Perfect
"ESSENDON PLAYERS TRAINED IN ANCIENT JAPANESE WAR ARTS IN ALLEGEDLY DEFUNCT DRUG DUNGEON"

How has Hardingham been going?

Across the face of goal.

Like a mad woman's breakfast.

Like a mad woman's breakfast.

Haha ....nice

rayner  (and yes, that appears to be a mushroom growing on the oval !)

Beautiful low ball drop. Looks a solid kick...

wat

looks like he is wearing somebody else’s boots.

Indulge me my symbolism, lol!  (ok, i couldn't arrange an F1-11).

On the Up.

that balcony - by the way - is a great place to watch training

There were a lot of specific scenarios being replicated within the drills, so I won't hazard a guess as to the main aims and objectives, but I felt we trained pretty well overall. A tough day for forwards.

Just put a gorilla on us for the flag!!!

Thanks again guys, really appreciate the work.

Quick (dumb) question: What is the McCracken oval? Is it the MCG sized oval?

He's referring to what should be (& hopefully will be named by the club) the "Reynolds Reserve" or The "King Richard Reserve"

We need to honor the man named our greatest ever player & servant in a proper way.

AFL have erected a statue to the legend, ... we gave his last name to a cartoon mosquito. which most people (especially outside EFC) aren't even aware of. It's almost an insult IMO.

Essendon premiership captain-coach 1942, 1946
1949, 1950
Brownlow Medal 1934, 1937, 1938
W. S. Crichton Medal 1934, 1936–1939, 1942, 1943
Essendon captain 1939–1950
Essendon leading goalkicker 1943
Australian Football Hall of Fame legend 1996
AFL Team of the Century (half forward flank)
Essendon Team of the Century (rover)

The man deserves a proper recognition from the club.