Training Friday 16/12/16

Drooling over the prospect of Irish a best 22 next year. He will release Walla to be a perma forward. How excitement

With all the fights he's getting in, maybe Laverde's reputation really is shot within the playing group.

What’s this about? Are there rumours about Laverde I’m not aware of?

Nah, it was a lame call-back to the ‘Laverde panic’ period, when he hadn’t signed back on yet.

There were some slight over reactions in his thread, Although I apparently got the catch phrase wrong.

With all the fights he's getting in, maybe Laverde's reputation really is shot within the playing group.

Nah, it was a lame call-back to the ‘Laverde panic’ period, when he hadn’t signed back on yet.

There were some slight over reactions in his thread, Although I apparently got the catch phrase wrong.

HIS REPUTATION IS SHOT

@CameronClayton Actually, it was ‘shot.’

His reputation is already shot, When he has a couple of quiet games next season you know people will throw him asking for 700k a season in his face and calling him a squib.
McGrath was the one that shined for me. he played off half back and through the middle and his run and kicking really caused headaches for the opposition.

Now without obvious bias Ben McNiece looks at home with the AFL boys…his ball use really is his weapon. His biggest problem as i see it is that I was watching Morgan and McKenna and they look to have improved as well. Morgan just doesn’t miss a target and is moving so well…saying that McKenna I think is going up another level again…he is really one to watch for me. McKenna has put on some muscle and looks the part.

I remember the bad ol’ days, a few weeks back, when we were inexplicably rated as being short on HBFers.

To be fair, that was:
A) considering that Bags and Kelly are the wrong side of 29
B) before we drafted McGrath, Ridley and McNeice
C) some of the guys being mentioned are still unproven
Interestingly from Raz's recent vid up on EFC about training he talks about the fwd group of:

“Hooksey, Joey, Walla & Trav”, and about them trying to get a bit of chemistry together.

Can’t say many of us discuss Trav in terms of one of the fwd 6. Certainly would bring some serious wheels to our fwd line.

HF: Fantasia Daniher Colyer
F: TIPPA Hooker ???

??? = Lang, LAV!, Stewart … etc etc… et fkn cetera.

Take your pick.

TIPPA+Colyer+FantaPants… does any team have three speedster defenders? :p

Hooksey, Joey, Walla, Trav and Raz!!!

As DJR point out, who has 3 speedster defenders, and with Frances or maybe Stewart as third tall, which side has 3 speedster defenders and 3 KP defender types which Hooker, Daniher and Francis/Stewart would require.

After having struggled with our forward line for some time, it seems hard to believe we might be on the verge of something extraordinary.

And this isn’t discounting Langford, Lav, Green, Brown, TBC and with rotating mids going forward like Zerrett, Parish, Zakka, Watson, Hocking and Howlett making significant contributions.

Roll on 2017, lid off!!!

@CameronClayton Actually, it was 'shot.'
His reputation is already shot, When he has a couple of quiet games next season you know people will throw him asking for 700k a season in his face and calling him a squib.

I stand corrected.

@CameronClayton Actually, it was 'shot.'

I stand corrected.

It’s funny either way.

I hope so, I put $200 on him to win the coleman at $67/1. now into 51/1 and I will probably have another go at these odds.

You can get much better odds thanks 51/1 and even 67/1

Yes, Worsfold (blind Freddy could’ve seen it) declared scoring goals as the major priority and on paper it looks like Essendon are in a very strong position. Don’t care who kicks them. It’d be nice to hit the 100 points regularly

I hope so, I put $200 on him to win the coleman at $67/1. now into 51/1 and I will probably have another go at these odds.

That’s a bold bet, but the price is right.
A real handy collect right there.

If Hooksey isn’t head f*cked with his goal kicking, the same way Joe and Carlisle were, then an average of 3 goals per game is definitely achievable.
He will outmark any defender out there one on one, and should get great service from a myriad of quality ball users out of the middle.

Could he kick 70 ?..hmmm

http://i.imgur.com/NsRA8Bc.png

This was posted by EFC facebook page but has since been deleted

STOP FIGHTING!

I LOVE YOU BOTH EQUALLY!

STOP FIGHTING!

I LOVE YOU BOTH EQUALLY!

Is there something in this though?

STOP FIGHTING!

I LOVE YOU BOTH EQUALLY!

Is there something in this though?

From EFC Facebook:

They were just having a bit of fun, making sure they are ready for Round 1!

(With a photo of them smiling together)

I love that our best 22 has 30 players. The amount of overlap we will have will kill everyone

Slight! Lol.

haven’t been this excited since the 90’s

someone pass me a hypercolour t-shirt

Doubt Lav on the outer I saw him with Hurls and Kommsy at Coldplay last Friday

Hope we're not just "waiting out" whatever is wrong with Joe. He is supremely important.

Do you actually think there is any chance they are?

Whatever it is, it is being managed as best they see fit, and no injury ever does best management include, just waiting it out.

didn’t the club try and wait out Hocking’s groin issues about 2 seasons ago, and it just got worse and worse?

There is a difference between waiting it out, and not doing surgery. Just because they didn’t cut him open, doesn’t mean they did nothing. In hindsight they may have made the wrong call on that case, but they were never just waiting it out…

Hooksy is trying not to laugh breaking up that scuffle

One of us is going mad, cos I’m sure that’s Brown?