Training Friday 16/12/16

Thanks again for your wonderful efforts Jackie!!

What are your thoughts on the big improves from last year. Players like Gleeson, Dea who are probably still fringe B22 but with a solid preseason could sneak in.

I don’t see any big improvers so far in the pre-season but many 'fringe" players improved last year when they got a chance.

Remember much of the list is made up of the ten returning players and a lot of draftees which limits how many could improve from last season.

Hooksy is trying not to laugh breaking up that scuffle

http://i.imgur.com/NsRA8Bc.png

This was posted by EFC facebook page but has since been deleted

O_o

They’ve made up. It’s all good now.

So they were fighting over who was the better wingman?

l detect a more sober attitude behind the training reports this season. Does this now mean we have more reason to get excited than in the last few seasons? Gosh, l hope so. l am looking forward to Francis lighting up a few games later in the season, once his tank is built up. Great work JM & CJ. Looking forward to seeing some more pix.

O_o

Is that garry lyon standing right behind the handshake?

O_o

Is that garry lyon standing right behind the handshake?

Matthew Knights behind Maverick on the right.

BTW did you know that ‘iceman’ was the name of an Australian aviator that was serving in the US at the time the writers were researching the movie Top Gun?

Hi guys,
I apologise for being slack in regularly posting photos over most of 2016 but for much of the season I was working for the Essendon VFL team. I’m now back at senior training sessions & I post a number of photos on Instagram under karmabomber. Some of today’s training pics have been loaded with more to come.
I’ll attempt to load some directly to Bomberblitz over the weekend for those who don’t have access to Instagram.

No need to apologise karmabomber, you do an amazing job! Thanks heaps for all the pictures!

Interestingly from Raz’s recent vid up on EFC about training he talks about the fwd group of:

“Hooksey, Joey, Walla & Trav”, and about them trying to get a bit of chemistry together.

Can’t say many of us discuss Trav in terms of one of the fwd 6. Certainly would bring some serious wheels to our fwd line.

HF: Fantasia Daniher Colyer
F: TIPPA Hooker ???

Those watching training, have you noted Colyer involved more as a forward?

Interestingly from Raz's recent vid up on EFC about training he talks about the fwd group of:

“Hooksey, Joey, Walla & Trav”, and about them trying to get a bit of chemistry together.

Can’t say many of us discuss Trav in terms of one of the fwd 6. Certainly would bring some serious wheels to our fwd line.

??? = Lang, LAV!, Stewart … etc etc… et fkn cetera.

Take your pick.

TIPPA+Colyer+FantaPants… does any team have three speedster defenders? :stuck_out_tongue:

I went for my first time to the TVSC today and although I did not get to watch anywhere near as much training as I would have liked (restless child’s fault). I can confirm that Joey did do some goal kicking (I only saw 2 shots but there could have been more) and it was possibly between sessions with Jobe. I got a bit on video of him marking Jobe’s kicks at short distance and handballing back.

I do find it a little troubling that Jobe was telling Joe that his handballs needed to spin correctly. I learned that in U/11’s, it was taught to us as the Sheedy handball.

And of course it goes without saying that the report was top notch, Jackie.

Amazing reports everyone, love your work! And yep, karma’s training pics on insta are definitely work checking out. :slight_smile:

Interestingly from Raz's recent vid up on EFC about training he talks about the fwd group of:

I think Stewart for the 3rd tall, second ruck.

Those watching training, have you noted Colyer involved more as a forward?

Wingish running into the forward line.

O_o

There has been some corkers , but this is my all time favorite

Goal kicking.

Will dominate next year!

I hope so, I put $200 on him to win the coleman at $67/1.
now into 51/1 and I will probably have another go at these odds.

STEWART

bullish report

COME ON 2017.

TIPPA+Colyer+FantaPants… does any team have three speedster defenders? :p

McKenna, McGrath… nah not even us.

I went for my first time to the TVSC today and although I did not get to watch anywhere near as much training as I would have liked (restless child's fault). I can confirm that Joey did do some goal kicking (I only saw 2 shots but there could have been more) and it was possibly between sessions with Jobe. I got a bit on video of him marking Jobe's kicks at short distance and handballing back.

I do find it a little troubling that Jobe was telling Joe that his handballs needed to spin correctly. I learned that in U/11’s, it was taught to us as the Sheedy handball.

And of course it goes without saying that the report was top notch, Jackie.

I find it troubling that Joe is bothering to handball. Should always kick :slight_smile: