Training Friday 2/2/18 - Live Coverage

Great summation Nackers!

2 Likes

Thanks Scorch, and great to catch up with you. Hope to see you again on one of your ‘work from home’ Fridays

3 Likes

This tagging thing is interesting. Will obviously help our guys deal with it.
Will be interesting to see if we’re more inclined to employ a tagger this season or if we’ll just be trying to get everyone to be more accountable

And a ghost watching jackets! :flushed:

Not sure if heppell or the paddle pop lion …

1 Like

I will be ropeable if any of our players cop an injury in this money grabbing joke.

8 Likes

Good call Nackers

1 Like

Kyle allegedly had a “soft tissue injury” early days which allegedly occurred when he got through a plate glass window. Allegedly.

And what if they get one in the JLT games, … or a intra club??

Same shitt, . these are really just more practice games.

I’m kinda thinking of them for the players like going out for a few rounds on a Par3 course to work on the short game,in between going for a proper 18 holes.

Also, … I don’t imagine the AFL just told the clubs, “you’re doing this and you’ll like it or lump it”.

I’m not sure, but have to assume all clubs said, “yep,… we’ll be in that” for it to go ahead, . soooo??

1 Like

I reckon it will be touch footy, teams taking turns to be witches hats.

Remember when sydney picked up Hawthorn’s third best forward pocket and 9th best midfielder? What a stupid move!
Point is he was competing in an area of strength for them (easily the deepest midfield in the competition), but relative weakness for us. Which means we “paid” 7th-best-midfielder price for him, and he’ll be (IMHO) 3rd or 4th best for us. It’s a big win IMHO.

11 Likes

How blessed we are to have such dedicated posters who give us this sort of reporting. Well done to all involved.

22 Likes

They are running a similar comp for the SANFL this year called Fast Football and a couple of clubs are refusing to enter the comp. The SANFL is threatening them with fines etc so one of the coaches has said he will play their U16’s in it if they are forced to participate.

4 Likes

A rather tall birdie, who has some contact with the Swannies, told me that Stevie J reckons Devon Smith was the most talented player he played with at GWS.

Let the good times roll.

21 Likes

Spot on. It is also smart trading too, and will pay off big time.

Tell me a bearded EFC Captain who didn’t win a premiership.

Jobe Watson.

3 Likes

Lol
Call that a beard!

Out of curiosity HAP, what would be your rankings of our top 7 mids in order?