Training Friday 31st Jan 2014

Great reports from all.

Will be in Melbourne next week, does anyone know if the training sessions are continuing on Mon, Wed & Fri?

Makes you wonder just how good Heppell will become, there were some predictions on here last year about him eventually becoming our version of Scott Pendelbury.

I know its only a practice match but if he continues the rate of improvement that he has shown every year that prediction will become very accurate.

Makes you wonder just how good Heppell will become, there were some predictions on here last year about him eventually becoming our version of Scott Pendelbury.
I know its only a practice match but if he continues the rate of improvement that he has shown every year that prediction will become very accurate.

He is our Pendelbury, has more space than most to use the ball......gifted player Brownlow for 2015/16 season aswell I'll predict, as long as he stays on the park all season, he has been very lucky on that front.

Expect opposition coaches to tag more so Heppell than Stanton this season aswell.

Stants should relish not being tagged week in week out.

How was Kommer??

How was Kommer??

+1

I can't believe how excited I get reading reports of an intra-club game!  

I'm now in the process of forming opinions on certain players based solely on these reports. 

Sounds like Kommer either didn't play or was fairly anonymous. Maybe he did a Van Unen.

Sounds like Kommer either didn't play or was fairly anonymous. Maybe he did a Van Unen.

Who?

Love hepp but still think he could be more damaging by foot. He is also very one sided which good defensive players will use against him.

Will be interesting to see how he develops and how opposition coaches handle him. At this point I don’t see him getting tagged ahead of Stanton who remains our best running link between the front half and the back.

Great reports from all.
Will be in Melbourne next week, does anyone know if the training sessions are continuing on Mon, Wed & Fri?

Indeed I would like to know also! Will be in melb wed morning before my cruise leaves
Anyone know?

Love hepp but still think he could be more damaging by foot. He is also very one sided which good defensive players will use against him.
Will be interesting to see how he develops and how opposition coaches handle him. At this point I don't see him getting tagged ahead of Stanton who remains our best running link between the front half and the back.

Probably not every week, but he was tagged by different teams last year (ahead of Stanton and others). Can't think specifically of which teams. I suspect it will vary week to week based on the opposition and their plan to beat us.

You make a good point about his kicking. For a guy that looks like such a nice kick he actually has a poor disposal efficiency. I guess that comes with the increased pressure and less time in the midfield but it is probably what he needs to work on most to continue his improvement this year.

Great reports from all.

Indeed I would like to know also! Will be in melb wed morning before my cruise leaves
Anyone know?

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-02-01/february-training-dates

Jackson's disposal won't be a problem. Generally a good user.

Was going to say this. Going on AFL vision only obviously

Training in Benalla. Awesome! I’m there

Good to see them make an effort for the country folk.

I can't believe how excited I get reading reports of an intra-club game!  

I'm now in the process of forming opinions on certain players based solely on these reports. 

Yeah it's great to know our game plan works well for a 14-a-side game.

Benalla is close to Wangaratta. Just saying…

If you want to be cautious you might also ring the club (9230 0300, during business hours) to confirm.

Training in Benalla. Awesome! I'm there
Good to see them make an effort for the country folk.

Where is Benalla?

Benalla sounds nice.