Training Friday 7/11/14

the grass looks like carpet 

How good does it look!!!! Well done to the ground staff! Thanks for the pictures and the report too people!

Thank diety deity it’s footy season again.

Anybody else say to themselves "why is Heppell with the 1-4 year players?"....only to then think about it and realise that he is still a 1-4 year player.

Same with Hibbo and Bags  3 fantastic players for the club in their first 4 years !

What a superb facility. !   The best. !

I hope McKenna gets to a level where he can get a game next year,  as interchange ,  maybe in a big match on the G ,  to find out what its like. Get him hooked.   I believe he is a naturally gifted  player and will be awesome in 2-3 years.     Bring it. !

Will be watching him,  and getting ready to over hype him in his thread ,  if he warrants it . 

I hope McKenna gets to a level where he can get a game next year, as interchange , maybe in a big match on the G , to find out what its like. Get him hooked. I believe he is a naturally gifted player and will be awesome in 2-3 years. Bring it. !
Will be watching him, and getting ready to over hype him in his thread , if he warrants it .

Pretty sure that post counts as hype

will be on the main list next year.

Thank diety it's footy season again.

Is he a weight loss mascot?

Thank Jackie for the report and others for the pics. Great to see a training report and photos. And wow doesn’t that ground look magnificent.

Thank Jackie for the report and others for the pics. Great to see a training report and photos. And wow doesn't that ground look magnificent.

Almost looks like it belongs in an animation in those photos with the lush smooth green.

Thanks Jackie for the eloquent report as always. Thanks too, to Jefferson for the pics. 

How farking good does the McCracken oval look?!

Better than the greens at Melbourne Airport (Tullamarine) GC.

24vjxqg.jpg

Diety, gamely shaping up to Ambrose, is said to be an upgrade on Bin. 

Thin, mobility is an issue, but in a certain light shows similarities to Batman.

Disturbingly blue (Irish?).

Hird giving some wise words of wisdom.

Ambrose looks like he wants to shirt front the blue guy. Excited.

Argh.

24vjxqg.jpg

Diety, gamely shaping up to Ambrose, is said to be an upgrade on Bin. 
Thin, mobility is an issue, but in a certain light shows similarities to Batman.
Disturbingly blue (Irish?).

Lol. Beat me to it Wim. Next time I'll read all the way through before commenting.

Where do the ovals get their names?

McCracken oval etc?

McCracken oval etc?

Because they like McCracken the whip on that oval?

McCracken oval etc?

McCracken Family started Essendon Football Club.

McCracken oval etc?

Ok cheers, and is this the MCG sized oval or Etihad? And what do they call the other oval?

McCracken oval etc?

Trying to rectify an oversight - the Club has done nothing to commemorate the heritage bequeathed to it by the McCrackens. Essendon first played on a ground in Flemington owned by the McCrackens behind the McCracken mansion in Mt Alexander Rd (opposite the tram depot) which is now owned by the scientologists. Basically the McCrackens started the Essendon Football Club and deserve to be remembered.