Training Friday 7/11/14

Thanks for the report and pics. The surface looks incredible.

Where do the ovals get their names?
McCracken oval etc?

McCracken Family started Essendon Football Club.
Trying to rectify an oversight - the Club has done nothing to commemorate the heritage bequeathed to it by the McCrackens. Essendon first played on a ground in Flemington owned by the McCrackens behind the McCracken mansion in Mt Alexander Rd (opposite the tram depot) which is now owned by the scientologists. Basically the McCrackens started the Essendon Football Club and deserve to be remembered.

Iirc this is the name you have bequeathed it though not the club. Have forgotten what you called the other. Have you written the club about it. It's a great idea
Might be Wrong about all that

McCracken oval etc?

Trying to rectify an oversight - the Club has done nothing to commemorate the heritage bequeathed to it by the McCrackens. Essendon first played on a ground in Flemington owned by the McCrackens behind the McCracken mansion in Mt Alexander Rd (opposite the tram depot) which is now owned by the scientologists. Basically the McCrackens started the Essendon Football Club and deserve to be remembered.

Release the Kraken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqtfI7hWpwc

McCracken oval etc?

Ok..... for the jokes, this is from my partner: Was his name Phil?..

So what constitutes a 1-4 year player? Heppell, Hibberd and Steinberg are going in to their fifth seasons.

Would it because they were drafted in late 2010, they wouldn’t have completed a full pre-season for 2011, that this would be their fourth proper pre season?

Great report.

if i get a chance to get to a Friday training session, I will be closely observing Z.Merrett, Hams, Daniher, Ambrose, Aylett and a fav of mine Daleglish.

JM whats your thoughts on the Aylett decision? 

Coming back from an ACL, i was impressed last pre season with his athletisim and the progress he made with each session. I watched a few VFL games live and his workrate, defensive side / stoppage work improved. What am i missing?

Awesome!!! Love training reports!

McCracken oval etc?

Iirc this is the name you have bequeathed it though not the club. Have forgotten what you called the other. Have you written the club about it. It's a great idea

"Reynolds Reserve" for mine. Most decorated player, with basically nothing in his honor.

Etihad could be McCracken Oval ..

but I would prefer the TVSC be named the "McCracken Hanger"

Has a nice ring to it. Good rhyme & rhythm.

Just watched the mark neeld video on the club site. Is that the same guy who coached the dees. Seriously overflowing with enthusiasm and smiles

Probably the pick of the photos. Hirdy launching torps.

Nice ball drop, WSPHU

Great report.

if i get a chance to get to a Friday training session, I will be closely observing Z.Merrett, Hams, Daniher, Ambrose, Aylett and a fav of mine Daleglish.

Coming back from an ACL, i was impressed last pre season with his athletisim and the progress he made with each session. I watched a few VFL games live and his workrate, defensive side / stoppage work improved. What am i missing?

They have to manage the list and open up a space to promote Ambrose so that's ok.  Gleeson and Gwilt ahead of him for a spot on the half back flank if either Hibberd or Dempsey is injured or moved.

McCracken oval etc?

"Reynolds Reserve" for mine. Most decorated player, with basically nothing in his honor.

Etihad could be McCracken Oval ..

but I would prefer the TVSC be named the "McCracken Hanger"

Has a nice ring to it. Good rhyme & rhythm.

Don't disagree with honouring Reynolds but he already has a stand and I think a coterie group in his name.

I suspect the club is probably wanting to name the ovals after sponsors - the Kia oval or something crass like the Tru Value Solar Centre.  I think we should be building tradition at the new facility so I have been unofficially using the name McCracken Oval in the hope that others might follow suit and that it could become at least the unofficial name among blitzers even if the club chooses something different.

Great report.

They have to manage the list and open up a space to promote Ambrose so that's ok.  Gleeson and Gwilt ahead of him for a spot on the half back flank if either Hibberd or Dempsey is injured or moved.

Ashby HBF/Wing as well.  so it's a pure list management decision, i can deal with that. I thought it might be an attitude issue.

Just watched the mark neeld video on the club site. Is that the same guy who coached the dees. Seriously overflowing with enthusiasm and smiles

It's hard to believe it's the same person I saw in his first game after match presser when the Demons got thrashed.

It's almost like he's had a personality transplant.

It's hard to believe it's the same person I saw in his first game after match presser when the Demons got thrashed.

It's almost like he's had a personality transplant.

Some people can only handle a certain level of stress and responsibility. I think he will be great in the role he is performing for us.

No wonder,  at EFC his job is all care and  not so much pressure .   The Melbourne list was  a basket case and he signed on for a suicide mission.

Probably the pick of the photos. Hirdy launching torps.

One thing i've noticed with Irish kids compared to their aussie counterparts is that when we kick the ball it looks very much like Hirdy, leaning back and just fluidly kicking through the ball. watching mckenna he kicks but pretty much having his head over the ball and leaning forward, which lends to a very awkwardly awesome kicking action that I want to see in the afl.

RIP kommer

“a very awkwardly awesome kicking action that I want to see in the afl.”
Um, are you saying it‘s good or bad?

“a very awkwardly awesome kicking action that I want to see in the afl.”
Um, are you saying it‘s good or bad?

the actions hilarious, the kick is fine.