Training Friday 9/1/15

Thanks very much for the training report!

And to be fair, that injury list hasnt changed since the start of the preseason really.

Browne, Kommer, Pears, Hocking and Hams are all expected to be there at this point in time.

Fantasia, Dalglish, Myers, Carlisle, Giles… well who knows?

Id suspect due to the fact that most of them have been on the modified program for a long time, and that no announcements have been made, is that theyre probably being managed. Its not like theyre simply not training, that would be a concern, but most of the time theyre all out doing something.

Quoted Post

How were Kav and Cooney today Jackie?

Trained ok nothing special to report. General consensus seems to be that Cooney will be a real asset.

A reply to: @jackie mihocek regarding QuoteLink

Quoted Post
How were Kav and Cooney today Jackie?

Trained ok nothing special to report. General consensus seems to be that Cooney will be a real asset.

Thanks Jackie, much appreciated!

As long as Carlisle isn’t suffering the same knee tendonitis that Kommer was last year, I don’t care how much time he spends in the modified group.

Young longy looks the goods.coyler has impressed and good to see good ball movement with surety by hand and foot.at end it was good to hear llyod discussing with hurley about his bal drop and encoragement when he was happy with itl

chappy slotting goals til the early morn

demps, again very unimpressed with his fitness

didn’t get to see much of the younger kids but how’d you reckon Laverde and Langford went Jackie?

Ha! I said when we got Lloyd on board it was only a matter of time until Joe got short back and sides

There is no doubt there are concerns with some players injury management wise but there would also be a lot of monitoring of loads, could also have been plenty of sore players coming back from break and having to smash out the 2x 2km time trials.

Still, its disappointing to read after all this time, those players are still not getting on the track.

We were told late last season that both Hams and Kommer were going to be ready for the start of preseason after the break, and yet they are not it seems.

Giles was only walking the boundary line when I went to training before Christmas and is still doing nothing really, same with Browne.

Carlisle wasn’t sighted either before Christmas and is still nowhere to be seen. I get the feeling, we ain’t going to be seeing much of him for 2015 if he can’t even make an appearance during training.

Come on Essendon, it’s time for a “real” update on what is going on.

Was SES out there?

They are injuries… They aren’t an exact science guys.

Calm the fark down.

Maybe we should go to the options menu and turn off injuries… Oh wait!

A reply to: @Black Kavanagh regarding QuoteLink

They are injuries... They aren't an exact science guys.

Calm the fark down.

Maybe we should go to the options menu and turn off injuries… Oh wait!

Should just set it to cosmetic damage only, a la Gran Tourismo/Forza.

<a rel=“nofollow” href="http://www.bomberblitz.com/discussion/discussion/comment/437312/#Comment_4373

chappy slotting goals til the early morn

demps, again very unimpressed with his fitness

didn’t get to see much of the younger kids but how’d you reckon Laverde and potLangford wentpot. Jackie?

I
Dempsey looks ok too me. Looks strong in the upper body. Is possibly competing with Gwilt/Gleeson for a spot which should bring out the best in him.

Langford and Laverde completed everything and looked ok. Nothing special to report.

Quoted Post

... There is no doubt there are concerns with some players injury management wise but there would also be a lot of monitoring of loads, could also have been plenty of sore players coming back from break and having to smash out the 2x 2km time trials.

Geez. If the players need load management following a 4 km run on the 2nd day back after a 2 week break then we are in trouble.

Looks to me now with Jetta gone, Dempsey is to become the new whipping boy.

He looked fine to me. He’s a mature player now, not the skinny kid from the past.

Demps will be fine. Most important thing is he is injury free and has a a couple of months to lose a couple of kegs. Will be there round one.

Not a huge list out or modified. could still pick a good best 22.
Absent Carlisle, Hocking, Kommer and Pears Modified Fantasia, Browne, Giles, Hams, Myers and Dlagleish. + Dempsey fat.

B Fletcher Hooker Baguley
HB Gwilt Hurley Hibberd
CStanton Watson Zaharakis
HF Goddard Ambrose Winderlich
F Chapman Daniher Z Merrett
R Bellchamber Heppell Cooney
Int Colyer Howlett, Melksham
Sub J Merrett
Emg Gleeson, Kavanagh, Laverde

Carlisle probably the big player missing and could switch hurley forward if needed. or play watson/goddard up forward. id still be confident with this team.

DEMPSEY PHAT

I thought Dempsey looked OK. He sat next to me in the cafe and looked fit and strong. I watched the match practice on the Clarke (Etihad sized?) oval and thought Laverde looked like he fit in physically, just seems to need to learn where to run. He did well to chase down Hibberd at one point.
I was interested in some of the one on one work, especially the duel between Gwilt and Ambrose. They are a good match for each other. I’m hoping this will benefit Ambrose in developing his game.
As Jackie said, they seem to be developing Belly as a forward focus. I thought there was some effort and encouragement being put into Edwards. Giles seemed to be put through a lot a fitness work. I watched being put through some short but intense runs. At one stage he was being made to run from point post to point post, receive a hand pass or kick, hand ball back and run again.
Who was the guy wearing the blue Bellchambers jumper?

A reply to: @PipetoNul regarding QuoteLink

I thought Dempsey looked OK. He sat next to me in the cafe and looked fit and strong. I watched the match practice on the Clarke (Etihad sized?) oval and thought Laverde looked like he fit in physically, just seems to need to learn where to run. He did well to chase down Hibberd at one point. I was interested in some of the one on one work, especially the duel between Gwilt and Ambrose. They are a good match for each other. I'm hoping this will benefit Ambrose in developing his game. As Jackie said, they seem to be developing Belly as a forward focus. I thought there was some effort and encouragement being put into Edwards. Giles seemed to be put through a lot a fitness work. I watched being put through some short but intense runs. At one stage he was being made to run from point post to point post, receive a hand pass or kick, hand ball back and run again. Who was the guy wearing the blue Bellchambers jumper?

Was he smashing a burger n bucket of chips?