Training Friday 9/1/15

If Jobe was nash he wouldn’t be an afl player anymore.

A reply to: @fogdog regarding QuoteLink

If Nick Kommer was Dempsey, half of blitz would want him traded or delisted.

If Dempsey worked as hard as Nick Kommer he would probably be a pretty good player.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Attn Dempsey bashers, what’s the big deal about a couple of kilos extra weight? You need calories in order to train properly, these guys eat twice what regular folks do; the fat will turn to muscle with weights etc. Compare that attitude to all the blokes talking about Gleeson saying he needs to eat fish n chips every day and generally pig out so he can become more beefcake.

P.S. Is there a rule around here that Daguleesh’s name must be spelt incorrectly?

if melk came with some extra kilos people would want him shot and delisted.

same for stants

Come on Kommer chameleon, you come and gooooo…

Get that leg better already.

As someone whose patellar cartilage is permanently stuffed, I’m not pleased to hear that news about Kommer. Hope his isn’t too bad.

Fog - do you know that his attitude to rehab has been poor, or are you simply making that assumption based on his rate of recovery?

Dempseys weight carry on = Storm in a B A cup.

A reply to: @hambo regarding QuoteLink

Attn Dempsey bashers, what's the big deal about a couple of kilos extra weight? You need calories in order to train properly, these guys eat twice what regular folks do; the fat will turn to muscle with weights etc. Compare that attitude to all the blokes talking about Gleeson saying he needs to eat fish n chips every day and generally pig out so he can become more beefcake.

P.S. Is there a rule around here that Daguleesh’s name must be spelt incorrectly?

Oh come on… seriously?

That justification sounds like something Dean Rioli would have said to the fitness staff “err yes sir, i need these extra calories so i can train better… yeah the fat will turn into muscle mate, no worries”

Kommer is a worry - Back to full training March at the earliest - Think we can rule him out for the first two months.t

A reply to: @alex.f.94 regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @hambo regarding QuoteLink
Attn Dempsey bashers, what's the big deal about a couple of kilos extra weight? You need calories in order to train properly, these guys eat twice what regular folks do; the fat will turn to muscle with weights etc. Compare that attitude to all the blokes talking about Gleeson saying he needs to eat fish n chips every day and generally pig out so he can become more beefcake.

Oh come on… seriously?

That justification sounds like something Dean Rioli would have said to the fitness staff “err yes sir, i need these extra calories so i can train better… yeah the fat will turn into muscle mate, no worries”

And Dean Rioli was ■■■■■■■ awesome.

Worried about Carlisle. We need him on the track.

People are missing the point with Dempsey. The point is not whether he is fat or not, the point is he is a player with elite potential but an amateur approach to conditioning. He has had many, many opportunities to develop a tank workable enough to play in a position that exploits his natural speed and skill. But every single preseason he comes back in a worse condition than when he left. As a result, he has been played as a defender (even though he is useless defensively) and still has no motor in which to play off a wing. This, when the trend of the game has made the unaccountable running defender almost extinct (with the trend being for Brodie Smith, Grant Birchall types who can beat their player one-on-one and then run off them).

Dempsey has hardly played more than 3 games in his entire career where he was in the best few players on the ground. Coming off a year where we punished Dempsey for turning up unfit and squandered 3rd quarter leads partly due to players like Dempsey that cannot be trusted to run out an entire game, the time has come to prevent Dempsey from playing seniors on talent alone. He should be made to fight on the track for his position in the team. Jobe, who so easily could have gone the Dempsey path addressed his lack of fitness in the most emphatic fashion.

Bring on Gleeson, Browne, Gwilt and whoever else clearly wants it more than Dempsey.

A reply to: @benfti regarding QuoteLink

Not named in the best in either of those games, since that's apparently the Dempsey messure

intangibles, which dempsey apparently is a beast at.

Look im not saying either player is bad. I just really think demps should’ve come back in better nick.

A reply to: @Barnz regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @benfti regarding QuoteLink
Not named in the best in either of those games, since that's apparently the Dempsey messure

intangibles, which dempsey apparently is a beast at.

Look im not saying either player is bad. I just really think demps should’ve come back in better nick.

What gives you the impression that he hasn’t?

This is a weird thread. It’s almost as good as the Langford-■■■-McPhee thread.

I don’t get the harsh criticisms of Dempsey either… those who say he’s poor defensively I say bs. People have very selective memories, he was excellent in 2013 and he was good in the second half of 2014. Personally I would be very happy to have Dempsey and Hibberd as our 2 HBF players for however long they’re good enough. Both have good pace, good disposal and are good at both defensive efforts and rebound. The obsession with moving them to the “midfield” is ridiculous, HBF is midfield for the purposes people are talking about… both regularly use their pace through the middle of the ground.

Not named in the best in either of those games, since that’s apparently the Dempsey messure

Quoted Post

Fans of Joe will be startled to see his new haircut. Although he didn't remove his cap it was reported to me as being a severe number one cut. Why is this worth reporting? Sources tell me that Lloydy believes it will improve his goal kicking because when he goes back on the mark he will be concentrating on thinking about his kicking rather than brushing back his hair!

How were Kav and Cooney today Jackie?

Saying it again, but Demps looks completely out of nick. No definition whatsoever, gut, podgy legs. Seriously looks like a supporter rather than an elite athlete. Seriously unimpressed, didnt even look very enthusiastic on the track either.

Gwilt on the other hand is looking superb. Confident on the track, assertive and shows off some good skills when needed.

Reckon Gwilt will come into the team as a full time player, and Gleeson/ Demps will be fighting over that last spot on the HB line. Hurls taking shots on goal practice seems to indicate he’ll play forward more.

Zaharakis looks like he’s flying ATM.

Didnt really pay much attention to anything else.