Training Friday Nov 30

Wasn’t it reported by Crow that both Heppel and Smith are given modified duties just to manage workload?

3 Likes

l think you are right, but this would make it a severely modified program, bordering on rehab. I have no concerns about Smith being able to step up when required, but he is conspicuous in the training reports thus far, by his absence.

Thanks Begbie. :crossed_fingers:for Redman. Appreciate the news & photos.

1 Like

Its taken a while for Aliir and Majak to get the hang of playing AFL, and both are initially best suited to defence, where they are very often taken to the ball, so maybe we need a little patience with these guys who don’t have it in their DNA. But they certainly are fine specimens of men. Go Jok.

8 Likes

Is it just me, or do we have a lot more players injured/modified programs than this time last year and the year before? Considering we commenced pre-season with a clean bill of health

1 Like

Crowe said it was a workload and fatigue thing.

Heppel and Smith had a very big year and lots of crash and bash. They are just doing more fitness based stuff(not contact work)before xmas to have their bodies in good nick.

Nothing to worry about its pretty sensible really.

7 Likes

Most players have individually tailored programs, so its not surprising there are a number of groups with trainers and development coaches all tasked with strengthening different facets of players preparations. I am not concerned, except for maybe Joey, Redman and Marty.

1 Like

I think he also noted Smith’s injury history. The key is to have them fit and ready to go come round 1.

2 Likes

Hope it’s not Redman’s foot again.

Disappointing that there is no sign of Gown, or the grassy knoll, for the sake of comparison.

1 Like

Stick insect Jok is alright at interpretative dance.

1 Like

And, more importantly, round 27.

3 Likes

Tom Jok is gonna look magnificent in a bombers guernsey

8 Likes

Nothing to be worried about.

2 Likes

Duly noted. At this stage l am more worried about the relative heights of Jok and Gown.

4 Likes

Any news on the time trial?

Results will all be in good time.

4 Likes
9 Likes

Why does Clarke have sticky tape on his hat?

First guess would be incorrect sponsor on hat.

2 Likes