Training January 13

How close is Cox to full training?

great report.

tell me more, were they legit going at it in the ruck contests. how is Bryan’s tank coming along? how is his contested marking?

do others see any prospect of Bryan forcing wright out at some point and playing 2 legit ruckmen with one resting deep forward. Draper has the tools to play a deep anchor role IMO at least as a part timer. I mean the answer is almost certainly no this year but perhaps next year or the year after?

1 Like

About 50 meters away.

24 Likes

I’m going to get smashed for this, but I think there is a chance that he takes Drapers spot if Draper doesn’t learn to kick.

I’m gonna smash you for that

10 Likes

hahah dude

3 Likes

I predicted this.

14 Likes

I cannot see Bryan staying with the club unless they find some way of fitting him in to the 22.
Other clubs who need a ruckman will quickly zero-in on him if he is left to flounder in the reserves.

15 Likes

I don’t know where your car is!

3 Likes

Triggered

1 Like

6 Likes

Has Eyre done much training? Bit of a make or break year for him.

Has Waterman trimmed down?

Young big guys tend to attract decent trade currency, so maybe the club is thinking of that anyway.

If we have greater needs to fill, in two years (when the team should roughly be priming for sustained top-4 finishes), Bryan might be what allows us to pursue a high-quality option rather than hoping to fill it via the draft.

There is zero doubt Bryan will get senior games in the interim, too. He’ll do what Phillips did last season - be the second in line if Draper goes down/needs a spell.

Make or break year? That’s very harsh on a second year key position player.

11 Likes

I think the only way the Bryan stays at the club is if he shows he can play as a forward as well as a ruck - he isn’t going to supplant Draper, and I doubt he’s gonna want to hang around in the 2s. That being said he’s got plenty of time to develop that skill.

2 Likes

How many years did Bryan re-sign for? 2?

Yeah until the end of 2023.

2 Likes

Talking of all these young, developing players like Bryan and Eyre, I just hope like hell that they have access to a normal and full VFL season this year. And that we are at least competitive, not cannon fodder like last year.

Blows my mind that a guy like McBride has barely played more than a handful of actual proper matches since he’s been here.

21 Likes

here’s a more controversial take. i reckon bryan is going to be a better tap ruckman. Draper’s real strength is he brutality around contests and his contested marking. They could be quite the pair really but we can’t afford to play these two and 2mp

9 Likes

Any news on Cody Brand or Tommy Hird?