Training Mon 12th Dec 2022

Haha but honestly it isn’t even an opinion :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Wrong thread, man, wrong thread.

6 Likes

Kialla and Esteban at training at the Hangar. I put a photo there to show that we were really there but it seems to have been deleted.
We played football together at Upwey High in 1968 and this was the first time we had met since 1968. That was 54 years ago and we were reunited at the Hangar at todays training session. Esteban that was a great report amf it was great to meet with Brendon and his son.
Some highlights of training today:
Firstly, I confirm what Esteban reported and his assessments were spot on. What happens after this will depend on the players.
Alwyn Davey - moved smoothly and a neat kick.
Jayden Davey - very impressive - although only running laps but his speed and intensity puts way ahead of what I was expecting.
Phillips is looking good. Marks well and moves around at good pace for a tall player.
Walla looked awesome. He’s back and if he keeps this effort up he could have a best season ever.
Weideman took a number of good marks and is moving well. Could surprise this year.
Our smalls, forward and back look a class above last year, except for Hind. He seemed to have minimal impact but Massimo, Tsatas, Menzie and D’Massimo along with Parish, Shiel, Merrett, Hobbs and McGrath give plenty to enthuse. Their speed and general accuracy in strong winds was excellent.
Although there were many other points, the one thing that encouraged me the most was the solid intensity for 2 hours. It was better than training efforts I had witnessed in previous seasons. We have the material to build a good team in 2023. We may or may not be finalists in 2023 but we have a great foundation to have great confidence for 2024.
Go Bombers!

109 Likes

TBH McGrath just caught my eye a few times with a bit of run and accurate kicking. I think he is more suited to the backline where he played his first year.

Walla played more upfield rather than forward but is looking more like Walla pre 2022.

27 Likes

He just needs a prolonged and sustained go at half back, then he will succeed.

Had so many niggling injuries in ‘22 plus the covid break.

3 Likes

Etseban, spell it correctly

Mass can definitely kick 50 +/- 15m.

(zero value of any kind opinion)

1 Like

Sorry Duog. Fixed.

4 Likes

Walla is playing round 1 yessssss!!

He will be super fit by then, super fit

3 Likes

Kicks the oppening goal against Hawks

WELCOME BACK WALLA chants

3 Likes
42 Likes

11 Likes

@CharlieDons how do you reckon this pre-season is shaping up so far?

1 Like

Training is much more intense in this pre-season compared to previous years… 100%

64 Likes

I don’t want to obsess over Walla but he is looking like he’s starting to rediscover his best shape. If he carries on like this he’ll be best 22 come March I reckon. :sunglasses::ok_hand:

8 Likes

Music to my ears sounds like Brad is not farking around

3 Likes

Club wasn’t stuffing around when they said we needed more coaches hoping its not over kill

Brad looking serious that was Rutten he would have been laughing

My boy Hobbs reckon he’s going to announce himself

15 Likes

I’d be interested to know if anyones seen him tackling. I noticed in the VFL, he was trying to tackle opponents and struggled to bring them down, very unlike him. It could have been a mindset issue, but he appeared to have lost his strength and power, one of his greatest assets.

Hopefully he’s getting that back.

Having said that, I’m so pleased to have him back. And it’s so good so see that he appears well. :heart:

1 Like

Whats Brad like is he very vocal when players stuff up a drill?

Walla looked awesome. He’s back and if he keeps this effort up he could have a best season ever.
Weideman took a number of good marks and is moving well. Could surprise this year.

Music to my ears

7 Likes