Training Mon 12th Dec 2022

Very happy seeing Massimo get much deserved love. Easy to forget now that he was a mid season pick up. And that he still hasn’t had a full AFL pre season under his belt. Yet to me looked comfortable at AFL level, which will only improve with greater fitness and his own growing belief and confidence.

He’s legitimately in my top 3 for favourite players right now. Although I’m a little biased as I’ve met him on a couple of occasions (Could not have been nicer or more impressive) and also know a couple of his former teammates who clearly adore him as a person.

Appreciate the training report!

14 Likes

look at the size of BBB

5 Likes

This current list is flying under the radar beautifully.

5 Likes

I’m looking forward to having a look at him in January.

1 Like

But it isn’t. The opinion thread has so far cross pollinated this one, the biscuit thread, the DJ King thread, climate change and a couple of others.

I see a BBB both left & right.

Big Bad Baldwin & Big Bad Brad :wink:

Despite his extra flab, Walla has not lost any leg speed. He’s still lightening fast

19 Likes

Now that is what I want to see. Those are the two best sentences I’ve read in any training report I’ve seen since Scott arrived.

4 Likes

19 Likes

Mine was on porpose

Who are the two guys going up with BZT?

Young and hungry, if we can get the mentality and intensity right we’ve got a big future.

2 Likes

You’ll find one of them is actually called Montgomerie.

(The other may be #10 Weideman.)

6 Likes

I thought that was Montgomerie (aka blonde Ashby) facing us.

That’s Setterfield (assuming you mean the player on the right).

yeah thanks, I don’t know him yet

He doesn’t look any different to his playing days to me?

9 Likes

He’s such a ■■■■■■■ unit. That size at his age is freakish.

He’s 2 preseasons away from absolutely monstering blokes.

3 Likes

The thing that worries me with Baldwin is his pace and agility when the ball hits the deck. Especially after two ACL injuries.

Given he’s not overly tall, he’ll need a few more tricks than just being able to monster key defenders.

No doubt he’ll leave no stone unturned to get the best out of himself as he seems incredibly driven. Will be watching closely!

13 Likes

I think he’ll be fine, he only needs to be near league average at that stuff and he’s clearly working hard on it.

I’ve always felt that at pro sport level you need a one wood- something that you’re extraordinary at. If you train the body really hard it’s possible for everyone to get to a fairly similar level, but the people who make it have a stand out characteristic that sets them apart. It might be reaction speed, it might be agility, it might be wingspan, it might be pure mentality.

His one wood is a rare combo of strength and stamina. There’s not many guys who are going to be able to run with him all day AND out wrestle him. Jack Darling built a handy career off precisely those attributes.

16 Likes