Training Monday 10/2/14

........ though you'd hope the umpire might have viewed the chopping of the arms on Joe with some disfavour here :

Sometimes your fate arrives swiftly: 

Van Unen - didn't notice a lot of him but he managed to be captured by the lens!

Ariel was again prominent around the ball without being outstanding. His continued improve is however clearly noticeable particularly with his body strength being used to advantage.

Buddha H was again solid moving forward and may be able to spend more time as an attacking midfielder if we can locate another effective stopper.

Trav has the pace and style but is still working on weighting his kicks to advantage.

and sometimes unseen:

Van Unen - didn't notice a lot of him but he managed to be captured by the lens!

Indeed!  Twice!  Invisible no longer.

some bloke.

yes, at 32kg there's a chance he could get killed.  but he has a go, does Orazio.  (yea, verily, is my poetry complete rubbish)

Edwards creates space with his natural speed and with his height could become a handful for oppositions running through the middle. He could benefit from a couple more seasons on the weights and speedier decision-making will come with experience.

Paddy judged the flight better as the ball was pumped forward into the breeze. The congested pack was symptomatic of many forward thrusts.

A contest in two! Joey has a victory and takes the early points!

Paddy fights back and evens the score.

yep, the pic is long-range garbage, but edwards crossed two suburbs to present for this mark, so i figured i'd better post it.

Young Zac prepares for a close encounter with The Last Of The Mohicans!!

Excellent pics.

You spoil us.

"Now Dell, you don't seriously think you aren't gonna buy this, do you!?"

Great photos and reports guys thanks, seeing Jobe run around in number 40 something has me dreaming of seeing him wearing number 32, surely he could wear it in a session like this and pretend he's Timmy for a second, I'd sure like to see some photos of that session, Make it happen Bomber blitz!!!!!

The length of those arms are going to create plenty of headaches for opposition backs!

On your bike Brownie! Big year coming up for these two. This level of player need to step up to take us to the next stage.

Cheers for the reports and pics everyone!

A question for the regular training watchers.
How much work is being put into stoppages? In particular stopping the opposition scoring from stoppages - we were on of the worst in the league for letting this happen.

Loving the reports and pics. Great stuff folks. 

What's the deal with airline food Edwards' taped shoulders? I've done a couple myself and know they're a ■■■■■■■ to get right once you've done one. 

I can't find any injury history on him. But I'd be mildly concerned if he's got them both taped at the age of 20. 

Anyone?

Hardy and Steinberg both played forward. Presumably their futures are now viewed at that end of the ground.

Hardy again.  Just missed this one from a fair way out.