Training Monday 11th December

Not at all. You can still do those two things without being super fit though

How?

Oh yes. Shoulda thought of that one.

I had a typing teacher in year nine called Mr Saad.
I think it was his first gig after coming from…Egypt? Somewhere like that. And he wasn’t quite up with the culture.
He was very quiet but would occasionally softly say things like, ‘You’re a very bad boy. A very naughty boy.’
Which…nowadays sounds creepy now that I come to write it, but it was just kind of sad.

I like stories.

6 Likes

I actually had a year 4 teacher from south africa threaten a kid by saying that hed bury him in sand and run over his head with a lawn mower. Not sure if thats classified as not being up with the culture or just psychopathic.

and on the first day of school as we walked through the door he gave everybody a spearmint tic tac and called them the ‘tablets of life’- thankfully he didnt offer us any cool aid further down the track come to think of it

2 Likes

I think silly and completely over the top threats are kind of charming in an authority figure.

2 Likes

You sure this was a school you were attending?

2 Likes

I had a teacher in prep from South Africa, her daughter was also in the same prep class. She smacked her daughter occasionally in front of the class. Very very effective crowd control.

2 Likes

My 6th grade teacher was a prototypical Australian bushman type. Beer gut. Enormous beard. Kids were discussing one day that if you jumped into the fan it’d cut your head off. So he stood up on a desk and stopped the fan with his hand, grabbing one of the blades while it was at maximum rotation speed.

It was the single most epic thing anyone had ever seen.

This story is only tangentially related to the others.

18 Likes

The one and same Babu Saad by any chance?

9 Likes

No, my Mr Saad was a lot more placid.

Your teacher watched Caligula.

Radially, even.

Was his name Victor?

5 Likes

We had a physics/maths teacher in high school (catholic), who was strong/fit, who would use the 1 metre wooden ruler with glee. One memorable moment, a kid was caught discussing his calf with his mate and had his trouser leg rolled up. Teacher caught him and got him out the front of the class. Got him to roll up both trouser legs to the knee and gave him an almighty whack with the ruler across both calves. The kid was chubby so nice plump white calves.

Kid has a look at his calves a few minutes later and there was beautiful straight black stripe across both calves the width of the ruler.

Jason, actually

Did he call you a lazy boy?

2 Likes

Aaaannnnnd, thread successfully derailed.

2 Likes

R U ALL OK?

7 Likes

In prep i once traded a 2dollar coin for a 50c because 50 is larger than 2. jokes on that kid because i pulled the same scam on his younger brother 3 years later.

never forget, never forgive.

9 Likes