Training Monday 13/1/20

Thanks for the fantastic report as always Nackers.

Just on this point about athleticism, are you referring to agility in close or running capacity or something else?

Also, re Merrett that seems like a good sign. Someone suggested yesterday (not sure if they were serious or not), that he’s battling OP. I would hope if he’s doing a fair bit of running then it either isn’t OP, or it’s something he’s starting to get on top of. Any ideas?

1 Like

Onya Nackers

Great read

1 Like

No idea but they are due for their camp this week sometime.

Love you work as always, mate.

Are there any positional adjustments that you’ve noticed at all? I’m curious to see if we’ll see Langford spend more time forward, Laverde more through the midfield, McKenna further up the ground, etc.

Cheers :+1:t2:

How did Lav go @nackers?

1 Like

Thanks Nackers, good to hear Cahill is going well, I have a feeling he is a smoky to be playing a few games this year, seems to be ticking all the boxes.

The coaches would be loving Townsends tenacity.
If overall the team becomes a bit more blue collar hard at the contest/man can only be a good thing…

3 Likes

I’m not ashamed to admit this but I love nackers!

16 Likes

13 Likes

I wanna be Walla when i grow up imagine the kids feelings towards him. He must be a superhero to so many.

7 Likes

excellent report, mate.

Pumped to hear that Fanta looks fit again, massive improvement in the side if he’s up and firing.

Thursday morning, eh? I’ll try to get there with a camera. Been a while.

9 Likes

Thanks @nackers & @dontildeath- excellent reports as usual. Pumped to hear Razz is travelling along so well. If he can stay on the park this year he’ll be vital to our success.

4 Likes

Cheers @nackers

And yes, the best bit of that report is the news on Fanta. Touching all sorts of wood that he stays fully fit.

I think he’s better athletically in, speed, endurance, agility and leap. I think he will be ble to apply a lot more pressure then Belly as a result. He also seems to be pretty close to Belly in marking contests. What Belly has though is extra body weight and strength which can be important at ball ups and boundary throw ins.

From what Merrett was doing today I doubt that he has OP. From what I have seen in the past with OP and what is happening certainly with Stewart, the initial running is in straight lines only, wheres Merrett was in general match today practice twisting and turning.

13 Likes

As an aside- does anyone know when the guys will be in Coffs?. Hoping to be travelling down that way end of Jan/early Feb.

They broke off today into groups of forwards, backs and midfielders with Langford mid, McKenna back and Laverde forward. Nothing really to speak of position wise, only real thing of note was Snelling, Jones and McBride in the forward group.

Talking of Laverde the talk is that he is in ripping nick, has put in a lot of extra work and is one of the fitter guys at the club now. In the group he was running with today he was always out the front and looking very solid. Francis was another running very comfortably, a big improvement on previous years.

53 Likes

Excellent work nackers, really appreciate your work

I’m not sold on Townsend but it seems like he has a point to prove and has been earmarked as a bit more than depth, I can definately see him playing round one as a midfielder, along with hibberd. Would you hold that view?

I’d be interested to hear your Thoughts on parish and cutler too. Im Really hoping parish can take that next step

I was standing next to them when he was talking to the kids as well, and I couldn’t help thinking how well how was talking and interacting for someone that only a few years ago couldn’t even talk English.

And such a humble personable guy as well, he’s a real credit to himself and his family.

Also while on him he did a few magic things again today, and amazing pickup crumbing a pack at full pace then a couple of shimmies then goal, not many other in the game could do it.

One mistake Fanta did was trying to run around with Tippa on the mark - bad mistake he was comprehensibly tackled to the ground.

41 Likes

I think Walla will play in that Vic vs All stars game next month.

7 Likes

Pop by and say hello if you can get there, I should be able to make it. I’ll be the one with the binoculars.

1 Like

He has been in ripping nick for several years, but in spite of that, has been “fragile”
He really does deserve an injury free year so he gets a chance to show us what he has got.

1 Like