Training Monday 13/1/20

If it is a fundraiser, they would be crazy not to select him.

2 Likes

Tippa and Charlie Cameron in the one forward line, God help the defenders.

6 Likes

Apparently heā€™s not only in ripping nick but considerably fitter than heā€™s every been before as well.

7 Likes

Preseason 2020

Im buying stocks in Laverde, Francis and Fantasia

2 Likes

You have a very high tolerance for risk.

24 Likes

I think Townsend will play, as much for what he will bring to the team in intensity as anything else. I would think it would be either in a midfield/forward/bench rotation or as a tagger where he could well be outstanding. With him, Smith and Tippa in the one side the pressure would be great to watch.

Iā€™m not certain Hibberd will start round 1, I have a feeling they may start him in the seconds for a number of weeks unless the likes of Heppell and Merrett are not fit. While I have great hopes for him and think he could be a great addition I havenā€™t seen him do anything particularly special yet to get him a game in front of others.

I havenā€™t been overly impressed with Cutler so far, nothing in particular that has stood out, but he has been selected for a specific role on the wing and I would expect him to be given a go there at least initially. If Zakka isnā€™t ready for the start of the season he is the obvious replacement, maybe even if he is fit.

Of course a lot of that can go out the window when you try and select on actual side with everyone fit, you have to leave good players out.

4 Likes

Thanks Nackers, and Dontildeath for your observations and comments

3 Likes

Iā€™m excited about Begley, Mutch and Draper. Only 20 games in total for the three of them but Iā€™ve got a feeling that at least two of them will be best 22 by the end of the year. Kobe Mutch in particular looks like a natural footballer.

1 Like

People should know better than to use the word ripping in a sentence discussing lav.

10 Likes

Get your hand off it

4 Likes

Im less excited about Begley and Mutch need to wait and see how they go in JLT at this stage i rate them as depth players, but no reason they cant be in the fight for the last couple of spots.

Draper Iā€™m very excited about, but nervous want him to get through a couple of gamesā€¦the players love him, glad St Kilda didnt get close to getting him. Not setting the bar high for him this year as first year back from ACL. We finally have some good ruck depth.

1 Like

10 Likes

I would be extremely surprised (but pleasantly so) if Mutch makes it at AFL level.

To my eye he looks like someone who is a natural footballer as you say but lacks the tools to do it at the highest level. I think he can be a consistently good VFL player in the ilk of a Ben Jolley type.
He reads the play well, not afraid to put his body on the line and heā€™ll continue to lope around all game.

For me he just lacks the requisite skill by foot and pace to become a mid at AFL level. By skill, yes I know he can kick both sides of the body, itā€™s more the penetration and hurt factor I question.

Like I said though, Iā€™d love nothing more than to be wrong on this one. Letā€™s hope he has an injury free year and gives himself every chance.

5 Likes

Looking forward to see what Russell the Muscly Kangaroo thinks about all this.

1 Like

Hibberd can take Langfordsā€™ spot. Langford is soft I want players who love a contest and are not affraid to bury players in a tackle.

13 Likes

I was under the impression you liked Langford?

2 Likes

Cheers mate. Iā€™ve heard that our ex VFL coach/now new forwards coach Dan Jordan is particularly excited about McBride. The kid will obviously take a bit of time to develop but DJ rarely dishes out praise, so I was happy to hear that the young Irishman has impressed a lot already.

26 Likes

Nino doesnā€™t even like Nino

7 Likes

High quality reports, thanks everyone. Iā€™m hoping to get to Thursday.

6 Likes

ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  hell, wishing you all the best mate. You hang in there.

11 Likes