Training Monday 19/12/16

Any other clues on the "valiant redhead" ?

Hmn. What famous knight was tardy getting somewhere important because a game he was playing went over time?

We don’t have any players called Drake.

You are the man! Let’s see if the younger generation gets it.

Bit early to bestow a knighthood on Aaron?

And the only reason Noonsn knows this is because he was there to welcome him.

Practising my Spanish…¡hola! Don Francisco. ¿Dondé está la Armada?

If you’re practicing your Spanish… the tilde goes on the o in ‘dónde’. Seems like a stupid nit-picky thing but since it denotes word stress, ‘dondé’ would sound completely different if pronounced like that, something like don-DAY. If you’re not actually practicing your Spanish, then just disregard what I said.

I love reading these reports to stay connected from overseas. Got sprayed in the face with a fire hydrant by a soccer hooligan/thug/d*ckhead here yesterday. No idea how that game elicits so much passion… just makes me miss footy even more. The atmosphere of walking to the G and watching a game is a million times better than domestic football in Colombia. National games are fun, though.

I'd be interested to know how Jackson Merrett is travelling. Many supporters have already delisted him for the end of the season.

I reckon his clean hands, a quick hand balling is absolutely superb. This is an area that the game is moving to. Quick hands are critical.

His body type lets him down imo. He plays similar to Zac but simply doesn’t have the build to develop that inside game. Because he has some pace and is pretty slight, most people see him as an outside player. Hopefully he can put on a few kg’s over the pre season, to develop that inside game.

The problem with that is that you actually have to touch the ball in order to do stuff like that, that is Jackson’s biggest weakness.

Goes missing far too often in games and doesn’t get involved enough.

He has the ability as shown in that one game against Carlton a few years ago where he racked up 30-odd but has never come anywhere close ever since.

My mate went to bet on Zach for highest possession getter that game but accidentally selected Jackson. I was laughing at him during the game then by full time he won over 100 bucks. Lucky bugger.

I rember two bomber supporters during the game were screaming “be like your brother” every time Jackson touched the bell.

They'll have to think of a better nickname for Dylan Clarke......Dill has been taken (and is OWNED) by Gill

Clarkey

I'd be interested to know how Jackson Merrett is travelling. Many supporters have already delisted him for the end of the season.

I reckon his clean hands, a quick hand balling is absolutely superb. This is an area that the game is moving to. Quick hands are critical.

His body type lets him down imo. He plays similar to Zac but simply doesn’t have the build to develop that inside game. Because he has some pace and is pretty slight, most people see him as an outside player. Hopefully he can put on a few kg’s over the pre season, to develop that inside game.

The problem with that is that you actually have to touch the ball in order to do stuff like that, that is Jackson’s biggest weakness.

He has the ability as shown in that one game against Carlton a few years ago where he racked up 30-odd but has never come anywhere close ever since.

My mate went to bet on Zach for highest possession getter that game but accidentally selected Jackson. I was laughing at him during the game then by full time he won over 100 bucks. Lucky bugger.

I rember two bomber supporters during the game were screaming “be like your brother” every time Jackson touched the bell.

Cool story, but Zac didn’t play that game.

:o

That was Zac’s debut year. He played the first two rounds, but was dropped for the R3 Carlton game after 11 touches on debut and 6 the following week. Not sure why Jackson would want to “be like your brother” at that stage of Zac’s career.

That was Zac's debut year. He played the first two rounds, but was dropped for the R3 Carlton game after 11 touches on debut and 6 the following week. Not sure why Jackson would want to "be like your brother" at that stage of Zac's career.

OK too considering he was the ‘sub’ those first two games

jm is the new KAV

Jerrett won’t make it for us IMO

Shown glimpses at AFL level, and perhaps would get games in a bottom team but not up to it for a finals worthy side.

His best game was against the Blues where the opposition provided next to no pressure. And he does ok at VFL where the pressure is well below that of AFL level also. Says it all really.

Not to say he isn’t a competent footballer, much like Hams, but just seemingly not up to it at the highest level.

With every new intake of players he gets shunted back further in pecking order and can’t see him being on the list for 2018.

Love your reports as always, JM. What I enjoy most is that you almost always mention that the vibe is really good amongst the playing group and that the club feels like a very professional environment.

Aside from just their physical condition, who of the returning players has stood out to you the most at training so far? Cheers.

The combination of Walla and Fantasia on the forward line makes the heart beat faster.

Colyer looks solid on the wing and hasn’t lost any pace.

Won’t know a lot about Stewart until I see him in a game but of the newbies he has done little wrong so far.

Hooker looks a real weapon.

etc., etc., etc.

Jackie the ‘Dill’ moniker is not just a good one for quick calls on the field but a very Australian inversion of attribute. I’m not sure what happens with Green though, is he a Bluey? Too many primary colours in play, can safely say ‘Yella’ won’t be one of them.

Another thanks, comfort food for a Bombers fan in the slush and deep cold of NYC.

Merry Christmas all of youse

Cool story, but Zac didn’t play that game.

Well, obviously what he meant to say was, that his mate thought it was Zac not Jacko he was betting on.
But cool smackdown, bro.

Any other clues on the "valiant redhead" ?

Hmn. What famous knight was tardy getting somewhere important because a game he was playing went over time?

We don’t have any players called Drake.

You are the man! Let’s see if the younger generation gets it.

Bit early to bestow a knighthood on Aaron?

And the only reason Noonsn knows this is because he was there to welcome him.

Practising my Spanish…¡hola! Don Francisco. ¿Dondé está la Armada?

If you’re practicing your Spanish… the tilde goes on the o in ‘dónde’. Seems like a stupid nit-picky thing but since it denotes word stress, ‘dondé’ would sound completely different if pronounced like that, something like don-DAY. If you’re not actually practicing your Spanish, then just disregard what I said.

I love reading these reports to stay connected from overseas. Got sprayed in the face with a fire hydrant by a soccer hooligan/thug/d*ckhead here yesterday. No idea how that game elicits so much passion… just makes me miss footy even more. The atmosphere of walking to the G and watching a game is a million times better than domestic football in Colombia. National games are fun, though.

Good point, my mistake, but the o should not really need an accent because the emphasis would normally go on the penultimate syllable, the ‘don’. Of course, it does because it’s because it’s a question. I wasn’t practising my Spanish - I was being a smartarse.

Jerrett won't make it for us IMO

Shown glimpses at AFL level, and perhaps would get games in a bottom team but not up to it for a finals worthy side.

His best game was against the Blues where the opposition provided next to no pressure. And he does ok at VFL where the pressure is well below that of AFL level also. Says it all really.

Not to say he isn’t a competent footballer, much like Hams, but just seemingly not up to it at the highest level.

With every new intake of players he gets shunted back further in pecking order and can’t see him being on the list for 2018.

I would give him a chance at Half Back. He is quick and has a good defensive side to his game.

Jackie the 'Dill' moniker is not just a good one for quick calls on the field but a very Australian inversion of attribute. I'm not sure what happens with Green though, is he a Bluey? Too many primary colours in play, can safely say 'Yella' won't be one of them.

Another thanks, comfort food for a Bombers fan in the slush and deep cold of NYC.

Merry Christmas all of youse

Or y’know, it’s actually “Dyl” and perhaps, possibly, maybe is derived from his actual name, which happens to be Dylan.

Imagine the fanfare if Begley kicked 5 on debut v Hawthorn. Followed, of course by a GUN SHOW
Double Cobra??
Love your reports as always, JM. What I enjoy most is that you almost always mention that the vibe is really good amongst the playing group and that the club feels like a very professional environment.

Aside from just their physical condition, who of the returning players has stood out to you the most at training so far? Cheers.

The combination of Walla and Fantasia on the forward line makes the heart beat faster.

Colyer looks solid on the wing and hasn’t lost any pace.

Won’t know a lot about Stewart until I see him in a game but of the newbies he has done little wrong so far.

Hooker looks a real weapon.

etc., etc., etc.

Cheers mate. :smile:

Does anyone know if training is on today at 9:45am please?

Jerrett won't make it for us IMO

I would give him a chance at Half Back. He is quick and has a good defensive side to his game.

Nothing against Jacko, but if he couldn’t play seniors with half the team out this year, then it ain’t happening.

Does anyone know if training is on today at 9:45am please?

Obviously this is a late reply but yeah it was scheduled to be as per the website :slight_smile: