Training Monday Dec 18

You’re forgetting how hard Jobe used to dump shittrucks in the tackle

Jobe saw ball got ball first.

Jobe’s also one of the very best players ever to play for Essendon. Some might remember he won a Brownlow.

So if Langford’s going to make up for low intensity with talent, he’d want to be very freaking talented.

13 Likes

I agree, Pendlebury is another who rarely shows aggression and mongrel, He’s never in a hurry and always looks placid and composed.

Obviously Langford is a fair way off becoming Pendlebury but he doesn’t need to become an aggressive animal who eats footballs to succeed IMO.

2 Likes

Jobe legit just saw the ball and got it. If people were in the way, too bad.

Thanks for sharing Begbie, but geez that second issue sounds a bit ominous.

3 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

I dislike the Pendlebury comparison too because while they’re both tall, Langford moves at half the speed.

3 Likes

I disagree with that. I’d actually say Langford is faster. His decision making so far has been slower

7 Likes

O_O

2 Likes

Thanks for the updates. They’re much appreciated.

1 Like

There was a Ron Tandberg cartoon some years ago, which I can’t find. showing someone from MFC asking the Geelong team, who are about to run out, could they wait until three quarter time.

Lol. Knowing Melbourne their first kick would still go out of bounds on the full and they’d have to wait until after three quarter time to get the ball back!

1 Like

Pendles decision making is elite. I doubt Langford gets near it.

Pendelbury has great awareness - due to his bball background. And moves well in tight spaces, and he has proven to be a good inside mid.

I think Langford looks good with ball in hands, just takes too long making decisions, and has had a few HTB decisions against him. When he disposes of it, it usually end up being to our advantage.

Im not sold on him as a inside mid, though he did well at VFL its a step below.
I am happy for him to prove me wrong. At least he has youth on his side unike Myers, who has never really made it to his potential. I still think Langford could be a handy forward, and he is a accurate kick.

His improvement in fitness is good. WOuld like to see coaches give him a few games with plenty of time as the inside mid, to see if he can make it. WE already know what Myers and Goddard can do in there.

2 Likes

Basketball background. Never gets old.

12 Likes

I always laugh when people make comments like this.

Pendlebury played serious BBall for a couple of years between the ages of 15 and 17. He’s played Footy for 14 years now. He’s good at footy because he’s good at footy.

He doesn’t have great awareness due to his BBall background, rather he was good at BBall (and footy) because he has great awareness.

16 Likes

Maybe the heat (37*) has kept people away from training today. Pretty disappointing turnout so far considering it was supposedly a 4-6 session.

Hot as ■■■■. Looks like it may rain. Good luck.

Looking forward to the report Sunbury :+1:

1 Like