Training on Black (and Red) Friday - 2019-12-13

Training this morning at Windy Hill. Got a tip off so I thought I’d pop over and see. Apparently works at Tulla today we’re going to inhibit training. Windy Hill looks worse every time I go there. I look forward to seeing the final plan for the ground.

Craft day today, lots of isolated, repetitive skill work. We are REALLY going back to basics this pre-season.

Everyone took part, bar Hooker, Daniher, Zaharakis and Gown. Good to see some of the new recruits out there, young Johnson’s a solid boy. Bryan and Stewart are the same size and hairstyle, so there’s that.

The only game sense activity I really saw was at the start, where two teams had to handpass/defend and try and hit a target at the end (one of those man on the mark mannequins, I think). Raz took part in this, but players were constrained to only walking.

Shiel is starting to look a bit better, not so sure about Merrett. I’d be hoping both are in or near full training after the Christmas break.

One other thing. Guelfi was the worst performer at one drill, to be had to stand and have balls kicked at him. CAN WE NOT INJURE ANY MORE FARKING PLAYERS PLEASE?

That’s all from me. Have a good day.

76 Likes

Well done for getting there, Matt.

1 Like

Seems even the hangar has checked in for surgery.

7 Likes

YES - Like this a lot.

1 Like

2 Likes

5 Likes

No risk there. It’s not like any of the kicks would have hit him.

46 Likes

Worse than what Strempel copped…

Joey enjoying some craft beers :slight_smile:

Can you confirm that Daniher took part in training?

Was he wearing a tie?

1 Like

Cheers for the report, mate! :+1:t2:

LIKE LIKE

So they had a walking drill and Daniher couldn’t even participate in that?
He must be sooooooooo cooked! :joy:

1 Like

They’re just gonna wait for 6 months to see if it’ll fix itself.

15 Likes

Pretty sure one kick did. Out of several.

1 Like

I would hope every training minute he spends at the club is spent in rehab. A drill conducted at walking pace seems a fair waste of rehab time for him at this stage.3

2 Likes

14 Likes

Basically tipping us to be Melbourne of 2019 how ever don’t agree with his opinion on the coaching succession plan

And for what it’s worth I actually like Kane Cornes one of the few footy experts in the media that’s not afraid to say it how it is

Cornes’ top eight for 2019

1. Adelaide

2. Collingwood

3. Richmond

4. Melbourne

5. GWS

6. Essendon

7. West Coast

8. Port Adelaide

HOULI_DOOLI 2019 PREDICTIONS
Richmond
Collingwood
Essendon
West Coast
Melbourne
Adelaide
GWS
North Melbourne

Geelong
Sydney
Hawthorn
Brisbane
Fremantle
Port Adelaide
Western Bulldogs
Carlton
St Kilda
Gold Coast

1 Like

Kane Cornes make it up as he goes along.

His Father was the biggest limp dikk player ever.