Training Pics 19 Feb 2016

Firstly, a big thanks to Soulnet for organizing the Blitzers get together and also the many Blitzers who contributed to the great opportunity to meet and enjoy talking with the supporters behind the Chat Site. This should definitely become at least an annual pre-season event with hopefully more attendees over the coming years.

I apologise to any of the avid photographers present if I duplicate any of your shots but I’m trying to get some I’ve taken up as quickly as possible before domestic duties interfere!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Conor decides that the way to impress our Captain is to remind him he’s around!

Simpkin gets an effective handball away from deep in the back pocket.

The Langford takes a strong mark from behind on the half forward flank.

Longy and Fanta go at it in a contested possession.

Joey comes downfield and feeds the ball off to a teammate heading for goal.

Gleeson provides a marking option as the Black Team move the ball out of defence.

Looking at the highlights package on the club website, it looks like black had all the good players and absolutely dominated! Is this true or was it a little more even?

Awsome pics…cheers.

Zaka sends a bulletlike pass to Walla who’s found space on the attacking side of centre.

Walla doesn’t waste possessions and finds a teammate on the lead.

Edwards flies for a spekky over Smack and Michael.

Kelly baulks around Conor to rack up one of his many effective possessions.

Kommsy gets up close and personal with his opponent. The Polk is not to sure about this tackle.

Smack and Gach had a good contest in the ruck.Smack’s overall strength put him ahead at the end of the game.

Looking at the highlights package on the club website, it looks like black had all the good players and absolutely dominated! Is this true?
Yes, and not as much as usual.

The first two pre-season matches include a bench of 8 so a few Oranges will get a run even if they don’t drop any Blacks.

P.S. There are also stacks of photos and training reports in the ‘Meet & Greet’ thread.

I think Kommsy may be working on an Amy Winehouse impersonation?

Gach puts his extraordinary leap to good use to grab a mark on the last line of defence.

I gotta say Smack, your facial expressions put a smile on my face.

Ashby strides away from an aggravated Joey.

Aaron Francis: this kid will monster many opposition players over his career with his strength and marking ability. Not sure whether he’ll get a go in Round 1.

Wil Hams almost took on the Black Team single handed in the early part of the game. He can be well pleased with his contributions for the day.

James Polkinghorne demonstrates his ability to influence the contest.

Walla shows he’s got the speed to run down his opponents.

Bird evades Simpkin’s attempted smother.

Walla’s speed and ability to change direction had Demps mesmerised as he once again became an attacking half back. Would be very difficult to match up on for most other sides.

Jackson Merrett finds a way past his opponents and snaps a clever goal on the run.

…and last but definitely not least, the attendees at the "Blitzkrieg Barbecue

great shot of Demps and Tippa.

Thanks KB…great photos. (Friday at last!) Looks like a successful day on the ground and the balcony!

Incredible shots, thanks. Zaka to Tippa, wow! Let’s just go out all black with red numbers. Deadly.

When did Tippa become Walla, and why?

Has anyone got any info on Yestin Eades? He’s not listed as injured so I’m surprised he didn’t have a hit out in today’s game.

Francis certainly looks like he has the build of a KPP, not a midfielder. Considering our current stocks in both talls and mids, even if you count Hurley and Hooker, I reckon it would be more useful for the team in the log run if Francis does become a KPP

Has anyone got any info on Yestin Eades? He's not listed as injured so I'm surprised he didn't have a hit out in today's game.
Minor hammy. 2-3 weeks.
When did Tippa become Walla, and why?

My understanding is on the Tiwi Islands there a huge number of Tippungwuttis, so giving someone the nickname “Tippa” just wouldn’t work. Hence his nickname is Walla. Probably was “Walla” well before he got the “Tippa” nickname.

Has anyone got any info on Yestin Eades? He's not listed as injured so I'm surprised he didn't have a hit out in today's game.
Minor hammy. 2-3 weeks.

Thanks

Minor hammy. 2-3 weeks.

Yep. I asked him yesterday as he ran laps on the boundary. He wasn’t too fazed and even did some light work with Redman, Francis and Morgan after the intra club match.

Is Ashby still a rubbish kick? Barely heard anything of him

Is Ashby still a rubbish kick? Barely heard anything of him
If I'd seen him "do an Ashby", I'd have said so.