Training Pics (and summary) 20 Jan 2016

so the year we get our first exciting top 5 mid prospect in ages we get Crowley for him to train against, I thought that when I clicked this thread then saw that photo

quietly bullish for 2017

imagine first game back for the boys on the sideline for 2016

good times ahead

go bombers

Thanks karma.

Fantastic pics.

How is Francis going?

He’s incredibly strongly built for his age and has the physicality to mix it with the men already. He reads the play exceptionally well and has a great standing leap when going for a mark. His main area for improvement will be his stamina to see out a game. I suspect you’ll see him get a dozen or more senior games this year.

Thanks karma.

so the year we get our first exciting top 5 mid prospect in ages we get Crowley for him to train against, I thought that when I clicked this thread then saw that photo

quietly bullish for 2017

good times ahead

go bombers

I really don’t want to be a wet blanket but the boys on the sideline might well be in different colours first game back. Just tempering my expectations and building a bit of armour should it be the case. Think of it this way, what would be the best way for a young man to just get back to playing footy and earning money, relatively free of the taint of bulldust drug cheat convictions? It wouldn’t be jumping back in the red and black, much as we hope they would.

Thanks Karma, you provide valuable insight to us who are at a distance.

playing the Jackie role well

quietly bullish for 2017

good times ahead

go bombers

I really don’t want to be a wet blanket but the boys on the sideline might well be in different colours first game back. Just tempering my expectations and building a bit of armour should it be the case. Think of it this way, what would be the best way for a young man to just get back to playing footy and earning money, relatively free of the taint of bulldust drug cheat convictions? It wouldn’t be jumping back in the red and black, much as we hope they would.

Bullshit.

quietly bullish for 2017

good times ahead

go bombers

profess your innocence for four years then run like a guilty man, don’t think so, they’ll wanna stay with their mates and rising star/Brownlow winner parish

quietly bullish for 2017

good times ahead

go bombers

Bullshit.

agreed

Does Gold Coast have a Tredrea type for Francis to out-bustle for the early mark in round one?

Does Gold Coast have a Tredrea type for Francis to out-bustle for the early mark in round one?

Don’t think so DJR. Think the best candidate has gone to Port (surprise, surprise!!).

Tom Lynch?

how's orazio travelling?

by car mostly, I believe.

So long as it’s not chartered plane or bicycle.

It seems Cooney has come to the club just to top up his retirement fund.

Best thing he did for the club was kick that Torp in round 1 2015.

We should have kept the pick we traded for him.

So many thanks for training reports and pics, just love them so much. You guys are remarkable :slight_smile:

It seems Cooney has come to the club just to top up his retirement fund.

Best thing he did for the club was kick that Torp in round 1 2015.

We should have kept the pick we traded for him.

I would say that getting Caleb Daniels instead of Cooney would have been a much better move with hindsight … except for some on the board it wouldn’t be hindsight.

quietly bullish for 2017

good times ahead

go bombers

Bullshit.

I hope so. Just trying to put myself in their shoes which, granted, is impossible. I want them to appeal till the cows come home. I put a worst case scenario there, it’s genuinely possible after all this that some of them may be swayed. Read what I wrote again and don’t go for the hero button with your response.

quietly bullish for 2017

good times ahead

go bombers

profess your innocence for four years then run like a guilty man, don’t think so, they’ll wanna stay with their mates and rising star/Brownlow winner parish

Love it if that’s the case. But there’s no way I’ll look at any of them like they’re running if they just want to live out what’s remaining of their ■■■■■■ career/dream away from the club that said it would look after them and clearly has not. Or did I dream that part?

quietly bullish for 2017

good times ahead

go bombers

Love it if that’s the case. But there’s no way I’ll look at any of them like they’re running if they just want to live out what’s remaining of their ■■■■■■ career/dream away from the club that said it would look after them and clearly has not. Or did I dream that part?

How do you reach this conclusion?
What information do you have access to beyond what the press tell you?

quietly bullish for 2017

good times ahead

go bombers

How do you reach this conclusion?
What information do you have access to beyond what the press tell you?

The various information in this forum for a start. I’ve followed it pretty closely, certainly not with the fervour that some have here, but with a steadily growing disbelief at not just what appear to be enormous injustices being done but a rolling carnival of ill judged responses from the club to these injustices. The blokes don’t get to play. Regardless of whether the club has done what it’s thought it best, that is the end result. If we’re still addressing my initial hypothetical, the bullshit one, that’s got to be a factor in some of their thinking approaching 2017. And if it isn’t (I hope it isn’t) you’d really reckon there might be a few managers cooking up some food for thought along those lines.

Again, not what I’m barracking for, just a fairly likely scenario and one I’d prefer to be prepared for. If Ryder, Crameri and Carlisle left before the real ■■■■ hit the fan why is it such a stretch to suggest one or two of the others might too?

It does seem hard to say that the club didn’t stuff up the response and get into bed with the AFL, which caused a lot of the problems. And at the end of the day, I could see players blaming the club for the poor documentation that effectively sealed their fate.