Training Pics (and summary) 20 Jan 2016

was planning on taking the family to watch training but looks like i missed it?
website says Friday 22nd?
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2015-12-21/january-training-dates

Just love seeing Crowley around the club. You can see why Freo loved him so much. Just looks like he loves it

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Conor put in another solid session and appears to have noticeably improved his engine.

This is definitely a ‘catch’.

was planning on taking the family to watch training but looks like i missed it? website says Friday 22nd? http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2015-12-21/january-training-dates

No you haven’t. Wednesday wasn’t officially an open session. Tomorrow is open.

was planning on taking the family to watch training but looks like i missed it? website says Friday 22nd? http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2015-12-21/january-training-dates

No you haven’t. Wednesday wasn’t officially an open session. Tomorrow is open.

Great thanks @karmabomber

Top move that .. you should be coaching.

can apply to every post on this forum, why have blitz then?

Thanks karma.

Fantastic pics.

How is Francis going?

Ok coach. Right you are.

Ok coach. Right you are.

damn right, kick it to laverde.

Lav looks elite (body) and has growing ability. Think we will see him become a true best 22 player this year.

how’s orazio travelling?

how's orazio travelling?

Fantasiaticly

Thanks karma.

Fantastic pics.

How is Francis going?

He’s incredibly strongly built for his age and has the physicality to mix it with the men already. He reads the play exceptionally well and has a great standing leap when going for a mark. His main area for improvement will be his stamina to see out a game. I suspect you’ll see him get a dozen or more senior games this year.

how's orazio travelling?

Orazio’s training has continued on from how he was playing at the end of 2015. I would be disappointed if he doesn’t get a regular seniors game this year.

Thanks karma.

Fantastic pics.

How is Francis going?

He’s incredibly strongly built for his age and has the physicality to mix it with the men already. He reads the play exceptionally well and has a great standing leap when going for a mark. His main area for improvement will be his stamina to see out a game. I suspect you’ll see him get a dozen or more senior games this year.

Is Francis going to end up a KPP, a mid or somewhere in between?

Thanks karma.

Fantastic pics.

How is Francis going?

Is Francis going to end up a KPP, a mid or somewhere in between?

That may depend on how his tank develops. He would be an awesomely difficult midfielder to stop when he gets the ball. Having said that he’s actually a bigger version of Michael Hurley when he started so go figure!

Great post!

Should I be worried about Cooney’s availability for rnd 1?

Is Ambrose playing fwd or back? Is he matched up on key position types?

Where do you think Langford will play this year? Was thinking as a mid but may need his fwd instincts and competitiveness in the air.

I am interested in Matt Egan’s role now that the development squad has suddenly become the senior squad. Does he spend less time with them because they are now important personnel for the line coaches, or more to fast track them through this exciting but challenging period?

I am interested in Matt Egan’s role now that the development squad has suddenly become the senior squad. Does he spend less time with them because they are now important personnel for the line coaches, or more to fast track them through this exciting but challenging period?

Really interesting question. Would love to have this answered by him or the club. I guess it will be the later, which should accelerate their development.

Great post!

Should I be worried about Cooney’s availability for rnd 1?

Is Ambrose playing fwd or back? Is he matched up on key position types?

Where do you think Langford will play this year? Was thinking as a mid but may need his fwd instincts and competitiveness in the air.

Cooney - Rd 1 looks doubtful as to date his pre-season has been negligible.

Ambrose - seems to be getting more exposure as a running half back.

Langford - I think he’ll rotate through the midfield but spend about an equal amount of time up forward.

Matty Egan - since the CAS outcome, Matty has been more prominent at training. This could well be a function of the expectation that a large no. of “foreign legion” players will be training with the seniors but playing with the VFL side.

Really interesting question. Would love to have this answered by him or the club. I guess it will be the later, which should accelerate their development.

I think it was Rob Kerr that said in an interview, that they needed to re-evaluate Egan’s position. As the VFL listed players have been ‘on trial’ to be upgraded.

Though when the season gets started, He’ll have a squad for the VFL which he’ll sink his teeth into.