Training report - 17/11/2021

COMPARE THE PAIR

41 Likes

I’d amp it up if I was you. Picture must also include a shirtless Rachele standing next to him.

QONVIyz

5 Likes

We are going to have to let him go Saucy, he’s not going to slide.

1 Like

Thanks for the report Matt, much appreciated.

What are your thoughts on Rance, it seems he is having quite an impact.

I heard in Monday’s session in the match sim he played as a forward along with Baldwin and Francis with Zerk and Brand defending. He spent most of his time coaching the defenders on where and when to run, and to try and avoid pointless running where you just waste energy.

Was he doing anything like this today?

8 Likes

Agree

Hawks had the rolling zone
Eagles had the web
Melbourne with May and Lever and their defense

What has Essendon got?

The Rutten Rug. We just pile on the pressure all over the field.

8 Likes

We had the “program”
Too soon?

2 Likes

I like it

He’s very vocal at training, and very fit. I hear the odd bit of advice he gives, it’s often clear and very practical. His background in education comes through well. He was discussing where to run again, and did the odd contest against a forward, but not overly involved. He did mention something about where to run, but that was in relation to a 2v1 where we already had the outnumber, and the energy could be better spent elsewhere in setting up the ground.

There’s still words that he might make a comeback, I’d still be very surprised if that were to happen. Happy with him as a coach thus far.

17 Likes

If Hurley dosen’t come up then I reckon Rance will fill the viod for the year kinda like Mumford at GWS was ruck coach but also played.

if Rance does end up playing reckon it will only a few games through out the year

2 Likes

Which games you think?

QF, PF, GF, presumably.

18 Likes

Would say against the top 6 sides like Melbourne,Cats,Port etc

First game QF, optimistic

You really think he will play senior list this year

Edit Next year

@Nifty_Nev where do purchase this type of product. Asking for a friend. I don’t want to give away who that is but hopefully there are more “pocket-sized” versions…. one might say, the size of an Ewok

4 Likes

I dont think he will but considering Rance and Rutten are best mates I can see it happening (thats if Hurley pulls the pin)

Rance will see it as helping out a friend imo

2 Likes

They didn’t even plan on playing Hurley in the backline last year. Can’t imagine his playing status would influence Rance playing or not.

1 Like

Yeah sounds like a nice contingency plan for Hurley when you put it that way, didn’t know R & R were best friends

1 Like