Training report - 2018-11-19 - All of the players

We’ve had idiots on here even saying the Melbourne game next year is a gimme if we turn up because they are apparently useless. These are the same morons who will lose their ■■■■ if/when we lose to Melbourne because they’re too stupid to realise Melbourne are and will be a very very good side and it’s no shame losing to them, even if we are also a very very good side.

5 Likes

Gleeson had him covered for reading the play too if vouch

It is a bitter pill to swallow though that Melbourne have become a good side and won finals ahead of us. The coaches and board of Melbourne should be congratulated though because they were an absolute basket case.

I don’t understand why it’s a bitter pill to swallow. They have had a thousand high picks over the last 10 years. It was inevitable that they’d come good at some point. Whereas we had the biggest ■■■■ sandwich ever from 2013 to 2016. It’s a testament to the club that they’re we’re not at Carlton levels of bad right now.
We’re set up very well for a very serious tilt for the next 5 years. I think we should focus on that, and enjoy what should hopefully be a very successful ride.

What would be a bitter pill for me, would be if we stink it up again and teams like Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney stay in the 8 ahead of us.

7 Likes

Matthew Neagle?

We were in a little trouble ourselves a few years back.

Melbourne do look like they can become a force for a while yet though.

Even better are those who think that opposition players never improve, or recover from injury, and are still rubbish, eg Grimes and Astbury.

3 Likes

If they weren’t so ■■■■ the AFL would have made that club non-existent. They got lucky in that their governance was either much worse than ours and/or they’re much better liars.

1 Like

Which is basically what I was saying. It absolutely ■■■■■ me off when people on this forum crap on about how good we are and how we’re going to cream all the crummy opposition. Saying it means nothing. Zero.

We’ll know we’re a good team when we win every game up to and including the grand final. And by then we won’t need to be telling anyone. We’ll know it and they’ll know it. But until then we’re as good as the games we’ve won, no better than that. Which so far, for season 2019, is none.

3 Likes
2 Likes

We didn’t sing the song throughout our finals series.

And

We still don’t sing the song throughout our finals campaigns…

7 Likes

Melbourne would have folded if the AFL didn’t come to the resuce if anything the Essendon board and coaches should be the ones getting conragtulated. the club didn’t get any assistance at all from the AFL,the club had to dig it’s way out on it’s own.

2 Likes

Just go over to the lid off thread and you’ll find them.

Does anyone look fat this year?

I do!

8 Likes

That’s ok - you’re old and bald, so it doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

Phew! I was getting concerned.

3 Likes

I also think we’re underplaying the role our supporters played - we were amazing.

5 Likes

We nearly always had 7 defenders last year. I doubt that will change.

It will at every centre bounce. Because the new rule dictates you can only have 6.
Aside that, not sure.

I don’t see Ambrose playing senior footy barring injury.

1 Like