Training report - 2018-11-19 - All of the players

Ok, Fame makes sense, but how can you do aerobic dancing to the music from E.T.?

He’s talking about one defender off the bench, not a stacked defence

That said I don’t see us playing all of Hooker, Hurls, Francis & Ambrose. The latter the one to miss out.

Unless of course Francis’s tank has improved astronomically to allow him to play a role that requires a lot more running than 3rd tall

3 Likes

Well that in mind I’d expect it’d be more likely that the 7th would be a flanker type like Redman.
Saad Hooker Francis
McKenna Hurley Gleeson
Redman (or other flank option) on the pine to rotate.

I think it’s a given that Gleeson plays. He’s clearly well regarded by the coaches and was just about our best afield in his last game. Too tall if you then add Ambrose to the mix.

1 Like

Wouldn’t want him playing any other role. He’s just about the best intercept mark at the club, I’d be using him to that strength from which he can then distribute the ball by foot better than just about anyone at the club.

Francis is going to be hugely important to our chances of anything close to success next year.

We start 7 back at the bounce (6 plus the likes of Raz) but rarely persist beyond that.

The new rules won’t change that (you can put both your wingmen on the back of the square).

I thought the rule was that they could line up at any point along the length of the square but not the back or front of it?

1 Like

Francis will play what will become known as the “Francis role”. Then we pick the others with attributes to dovetail their roles into a cohesive defensive unit.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Training reports - 2018-11–21

On that logic I’m shaving my head tomorrow and probably @Reboot ‘s too

2 Likes

It’s a very elite club @Darli.

2 Likes

We didn’t have all 7 on the field at the same time, so no, I don’t think it will make any difference at all.

New session, new thread.

3 Likes

A desert-headed mate of mine used to say “grass doesn’t grow on a busy street” to which my rejoinder was “i’ve never seen any manicured lawns in the Sahara either”.

1 Like

Agree. And at the moment there are a few who are playing the long version of this - proclaiming that the list is incredible and should basically win the flag. And it’s being written purely as a pretext so they can then write the inevitable gloomers posts when we’re 2-2 after 4 games. It’s so transparent and pretty sad

Yep…I’ve known quite a few people over the years who’d almost prefer to see their team lose so they’d have something to moan about.

All teams.

I think it comes from a deep-seated, well-justified inferiority complex where they want to see well paid individuals cut down to size

If anyone remembers that clown who threw a coke bottle at Chris Johnson in about 2004 at Etihad, he used to sit near us on Level 2 in ‘01/02 and he was an absolute barry crocker. One day against WCE, he kept moaning about how slack we were and we were going to lose. We won by 16 goals, I think Lloyd kicking 10. Others nearby were asking if he was happy now. I don’t think he was. His family were always embarrassed by him.

2 Likes

Yep absolutely. Although they would never admit it, there are a couple in particular on here who secretly would love us to do badly so they can be proven right on their negative views of Worsford, or key players, or the game plan etc etc.

As I’ve got older I have learnt to enjoy going to the footy more. Sure things make me mad and stressed at games but overall, you’re at the footy, with family and/or friends - so even if we lose how bad has your day been really?

I actively avoid sitting near certain friends of mine during games as they are so negative and belligerent in their views that it makes the experience not pleasurable. For the same reason I tend to stay out of the game day threads here.

3 Likes

yup

3 Likes

The game day threads are consistently the worst and most biased threads on all of BBlitz. Five minutes into a game and you could be mistaken for thinking the world is about to end. Then we win and people still complain. They take no pleasure in winning.

6 Likes

I’d take being a happy clapper over chronic gloomer errry day.

You’d think you follow sport for enjoyment factor not to be a depresso kent.

2 Likes