Training report - 2018-11–21

Was Francis playing onball? Apparently challenged to,become an inside mid in the offseason. Looks in good shape.

6 Likes

Serious? Surely not

First LP I bought with my own money.

Delivered a fukload of papers for it … and it was worth every minute.

10 Likes

Pretty sure @nackers or someone who posted on monday said he was listed in a midfield group on one of the trainer’s boards.

1 Like

Thanks for that.

I’m excited by the Guelfi comments. I don’t rate him as high as others but I think he’s a good honest fringe player. There’s clearly something there though, just some of his little tricks that catch your eye. If we’re talking best case scenario here then I could possibly see him becoming a similar player to Zaharakis, which would be huge given we got him for pick 76.

2 Likes

Yep, he actually looks like an elite athlete now.

I think the idea now is to have as many players as possible that can play through the middle for short periods. The more they can share the load the more relentless they can be with pressure for 4 quarters. A team with 12 players going through the middle is eventually going to run over a team with 8.

Its a tantalising offer which should be good motivation to develop a tank, and improve his one on one skills. You never know, it might just work.

Francis looks in top nick, has lost the puppy fat

2 Likes

Yep. Francis himself apparently very keen to become a mid. I’m told by a reliable source that he’s been doing a tonne of boxing with Jobes coach over the last few months. Looking to play the Hird role for us but will roll through the backline. Get excited.

42 Likes

Cal Twomey, Nov 2015:

Francis was a standout throughout South Australia’s national carnival, playing in a number of roles and having an impact in each. His best spot is as an intercept-marking defender, who is able to play on various forwards and not only stop them but also set up attack.
Francis’ aerial exploits are among the best in the draft. He can read the flight of the ball, has the courage to back into traffic or jump over packs and has the power to hold onto his grabs. He averaged nearly six marks a game in the championships, which saw him named an All Australian.
But Francis also moved into the midfield and was used in the forward line as well for South Australia, where he was dominant. In round two he took 12 marks (11 intercepts), and in round four kicked four goals from 21 touches in a commanding display.
Francis is quiet off the field but plays with the competitive fire that makes him one of the most exciting AFL prospects. He has tested in the elite category for agility, and his speed is also sound.

2 Likes

BIG RED could be anything.

In my mind he is the one to watch this year, having him playing Mid/Back is a very exciting proposition.

Full lid off.

6 Likes

farkn SOUTHPARKPIC.JPEG

2 Likes

GONNA

Yeah no worries Chief!

1 Like

Sweet Jesus

5 Likes

RandyMarsh.jpeg

2 Likes

1 Like

Has had VFL games where’s he’s played all of back mid and forward to effect.

Would encourage forwards to lead when he’s making the kick…

2 Likes