Training report - 2018-11–21

loving the reverse date code in the thread title.

top shelf file sorting right there.

4 Likes

Understanding algorithms is all very good. But can you understand women?

Did you ever get an explanation?

Seems odd.

1 Like

This is how they write the date in China.

1 Like

I still think he’ll be a Mr Fixit who’ll play wherever the team needs him to play

Yeah dunno some gimmick that would never last

I reckon Franga has that ability though. He sees the game 2-3 steps ahead of everyone else and adjusts accordingly. It’s what Jobe did and what hird did and comes only because they just understood how the game works.

1 Like

The vast bulk of people don’t even know what round-to-even means, either :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Hi Homer.

1 Like

Francis has that ability when marking and kicking. I have not seen it in the middle of a pack in congestion, could be wrong though. Jobe was a jedi in there, his vision was ridiculous. I have seen Francis kick sometimes where he has that vision so maybe it will come in close too.

What I am certain of is if Francis plays more midfield, then more opposition midfielders are going to be laid out aka O’Meara style. And it will be awesome!

2 Likes

Francis could be the best defender in the league, why does he need to be a mid.

2 Likes

Talk to Aaron and the first thing he will say is…i want to play midfield eventually.

9 Likes

anyone know how mosquito trained today?

1 Like

He might soon become to important in our backline, I’d love to see him become a Hird-type roamer though

Played in the nets.

4 Likes

As you pointed out we are all just speculating on different player’s ceilings, how high it might be and when it can be achieved, in what position, etc.
We have around 18 very good players followed by another 8 young players who have been on our list for 12 months or more that have shown they are worthy but we’ve only scratched the surface with regards to their talent and development.
Then we have capable depth like Brown, Dea, Hartley, Ambrose who probably have hit their ceiling.
Good problem to have, hopefully the kids can bide their time.

2 Likes

Francis & Stringer in the middle breaking tackles at will, that would be full beast mode.

1 Like

Francis will end up playing HBF and midfield stints swapping with a stringer who will play FF with midfield stints. Add in Hepp, Langford and Myers and we will always have some serious size in the centre.

It makes our fast brigade of Merrett, Smith, Shiel, McGrath, Parish all be able to play taller knowing they have some size around the stoppages making hole for them to explode away into.

1 Like

As long as he didn’t cop any sprays.

5 Likes

I think the main challenge for Mosquito will be to have a photo taken of him looking serious!

Are you saying he has an infectious smile?