Training Report 3rd Dec

Walla has grown by about 10cm but people don’t seem to be celebrating that.
Not sure why a Hird is exempt.

12 Likes

First round is the hardest to predict across the board, as all players go in with confidence after pre-season, and teams are still working out each other’s strategies, amongst other reasons. After the first couple of rounds, teams settle more into where they will be for that year, and results become more predictable.

For that reason alone, I hate wasting a first round on a bottom team that we’d beat later in the year, but have a chance of losing to in round one. I’d far rather play a top team and potentially snag a win we wouldn’t later in the year.

6 Likes

You don’t recall 2017 vs Shitney @ the SCG
3 goals up less than 4mins to go

That was the angriest I’ve ever left a ground

8 Likes

There was this game, against the Western Bulldogs, where we let them kick 17 straight goals (or some stupid amount).

That one did me.

Not an explosive anger, but a more seething all-encompassing anger that burns for a long time.

9 Likes

It was 21 goals in a row.

4 Likes

Ben gonna go postal if we draft a tall forward with spp

That was my Sons first live game. 🤦

1 Like

I was holidaying inHawaii when we played the dogs that night and with the time difference it was 1.30am Hawaii time when the game was on. So I stayed up to watch live on the afl app. What a waste of Time that was

What if we draft a tall indigenous forward?

1 Like

someone not on the list.

I was in Fiji. I turned it off and started drinking cocktails at half time.

Ive always been the same… in all sports

We couldn’t leave early as we just arrived at the game, so I went into the Locker Room to drink my miseries away.
I didn’t come out and watch the game again after quarter time. I wasn’t the only one. The Locker room was packed, people had seen enough.

Is he still in Coburg?

It was 21 goals in a row.

That was the day that broke me.

Never felt the same about football again.

1 Like

North Elimination final is what broke me, haven’t felt confident in the club since.

3 Likes

Until now

14 Likes

I was in London for that horrendous day. I turned off the tv at quarter time and went out for a drive with the family. Was shocked but not surprised when I caught up on the final score. What a disaster.

1 Like

99 prelim for me …that was tough!

10 Likes

Hell yeah! I was sure we were going to win right up until the moment Wallis got pegged by Brown. I drop punted my beer glass into the pub wall - poor form by me, but it was almost a pure reflex action. Still get’s me to this very day.

1 Like