Training report - Friday 11 March 2022

Trying not to be concerned… but there seems to be a lot of little niggle injuries coming up as we hit the final week before the season starts…

So from our potential best 22/25 we’ve got Francis, Stringer, Jones, Shiel, Reid, Hurley, Kelly, Walla all under injury cloud?

Hope this isn’t a sign of things to come… just once I’d love for us to have some luck with the injury gods

FFS can we get him on the Kyle Sandilands diet?

3 Likes

we will still kick up to 3mtr tall Will Snellarakis

Yep, might just wander over to the Lid On meeting and hang around there for a few rounds.

1 Like

Pheeewww… for a moment there I thought you were gonna say Smith and Culter???

Haha…

No way Smith and Cutler are playing best 22 if we are winning a final.

2 Likes

I know it seems bad but I reckon this would be very typical for every club right now. We’ve really only got one guy who is clearly in our best 22 not available (Tippa). That’s a very good position to be in.

We will obviously wait to hear more from the club on Jones but even so I reckon we are tracking pretty well on the whole.

1 Like

Agreed the strapping on his knee was focused on his knee cap. He was also heavily icing after about 4 super slow laps… No chance for round 1…

A Stringer, 2MP, Jones & Baldwin forward line for Round 1.

2 Likes

Jones has just been given the Last Rights. Get up to speed!!

Hopefully it’s nothing too bad

If Francis and Jones are both under injury clouds you’d have to imagine Martin may factor in as well as Baldwin.

1 Like

If No Jones play Cox CHF - then Langers and Martin can handle the wings. and Langford can rotate with Cox CHF.

hf: Stringer Cox Perkins
f: Smith Wright Snelling
int: / Sub Wanganeen

3 Likes

Becoming annoying

2 Likes

It was done in a 1v1 marking drill with Josh Ayre. He rolled his ankle and limped straight into the rooms himself… Looked very serious going off his reaction.

Was there any sighting of jones afterward?

Watched him closely for 2 quarters of the match sim. He was an absolute ghost, literally didn’t touch the ball once. Redman and Ridley were giving him a free lesson…

I would throw in Langford and waterman and remove “smith and Cox”

With our forward stocks the way they are is it time to try moving Redman forward again?

We’re probably one tall forward going down away from considering playing Nick Bryan and running with 2 rucks.

I’d be intrigued to see it, I’ll say that.

But watching multiple Draper shots for goal wouldn’t be good for my heart.

3 Likes