Training report Friday Jan 18

I think it’s Redman

In the blue?

Zerk has Patton pretty much covered for Round 1
( Patton returning from a July knee reconstruction - well behind Fridge as far as rehab timing)

Slightly more seriously, GWS should have a different forward line set up for Round 1, without Patton and Lobb/ Lobbe/ Loebe- whoever it was that fled to Freo cause they didn’t want to play ruck.

1 Like

They’ll go with:

Cameron, Himmelberg & Patton fwd/ruck

Plus Patton is just average.

1 Like

Patton won’t be there!
Only just started running - knee reco in July

That’s why Zerk has him covered

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s Sean Wellman, I saw him in the lobby before training

4 Likes

Patton if fit would monster Zerk, despite his obvious advancement & weapons.
Himmelberg would also beat. I think that he needs to wait in line with Hartley & Ambrose at the front of the line.

Very excited to hear how strong & confident Smack looks atm. Reckon if he can stay injury free we can expect a lot of good games from him & perhaps 40+ goals.

If he can stay on the ground all year we should have a serious chance to see Sept action. The delivery into fwd line is only going to get better. Expecting Stringer and Tippa to be much better than last year. Also expect Guelfi to play a lot across half forward & through middle and half back and with more size abs confidence the kids gonna shine.
Also expecting to see Francis as more utility across the ground. He will be absolutely massive for us & imo will be our Xfactor De Goey type only with more strings and capacity to pay more roles across the ground.

1 Like

I couldn’t see Lucas being a defender either, and he won a B and F there. I can certainly see him playing there although I agree with Scorch he would have to be a bit more composed with his kicking.

I don’t think Redman is big enough to play on DeGoey and Martin at the moment, but like everyone else I can’t wait to see him back in the team

1 Like

Difficult to look withering when you’re wearing a manzier.

3 Likes

Jason Winderlich is I’m th foreground of the pick with Mozzie getting carried off

He was probably getting flashbacks to all the times he was carried off the ground injured.

It’s definitely Sean Wellman. It was without a doubt Wellman I saw in the foyer a little earlier and not that I’m pedantic but I googled side on images of Wellman and Winderlich and Winderlich has a different shaped ear and nose but this matches Wellman

6 Likes

Yep, that’s Welly alright.

1 Like

Thank fk we worked that out, … now we can all finally get some sleep!

8 Likes

I defy anyone to tell me that’s not a Wellman

2 Likes

Or is it a bro? Hard to say.

3 Likes

Not a Wellman would be the football director or alternate now. Right? Its only natural to see him at training then.

Hey Nackers, I have been hearing that Laverde didn’t train all of last week. Can you confirm?

He missed Monday, I wasn’t there on Wednesday so would have to check other training reports, he trained with the modified group on Friday but didn’t look hampered in any way

2 Likes