Training Report Mon 21st Feb of some year before 2023

Yes and mate said he looked good too

5 Likes

12 Likes

Confused.
You or him?

Was anyone running after Wanganeen with a pen and paper?

22 Likes

p7608_v_v8_aa

Is this the gringo you speak of? If so, the club expect great things from him.

1 Like

Thanks for the report.

I think the training reports this year have been pretty lid-on, with most people wanting to hear about injury updates so most of the talk about the rehab group or potential/new recruits. I feel like if a player hasnā€™t been injured we havenā€™t heard much about them so hopefully hearing they are upbeat and encouraging each other bodes well for the season.

This is not a criticism of any training reports! I just feel our current expectations of the team, based on the reports are relatively low like they were going into last season, when were pleasantly surprised. Perhaps thereā€™s even an air of quiet confidence, where thereā€™s no need to rave about a nice kick or a good tackle because it happens so frequently.

It feels like thereā€™s not much fluff coming out of the club either, or the AFL, but maybe all that marketing is about to start.

2 Likes

Probably fair. I sense from the group they feel like they havenā€™t done ā– ā– ā– ā–  yet. They know its hard to get to the top and i sense these guys wont settle for mid-table. They want success and its hard work to get there

16 Likes

Anthony McDonald-tipungwuti training for footy

11 Likes

Thanks @CJohns & @jackie_mihocek
It must almost be time for @carrotsalad to make an appearance for 2022.
Walla is back
Jones is kicking goals
Eyre is clunking marks
Stewart does not have a groin injury
Baldwin, Durham & Waterman trained
2 days until our first real game. Counting down.

18 Likes

Yeah, but Stringer is injured.

This club is farked!

I refuse to feel anything but hopeful at least until Wed night.

1 Like

Hope leads to disappointment.

2 Likes

Seems like more of the injured/rehab guys are integrating into full training. Stringer still a concern but hopeful he isnā€™t too far away. Glad Jones trained fully. Will be a critical component of any success we have short and long termā€¦

1 Like

Dylan Shiel? Mahoney said heā€™d be training today. Did he complete the session?
@jackie_mihocek @CJohns
Thanks

He runs and he jogs and he runs and he jogs and he runs and he jogs and he runs and he salutes and he runs and he jogs.

11 Likes

Or more accurately, anything is free to Footscray supporters.

4 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

Best to read out of all that report

Oh no, this year has a much more optimistic feel to it then last year.
Expectations are higher, and so they should be.

Although there remains a subtle undercurrent of not being willing to ā€œdare to dreamā€ because weā€™ve been burnt so often. However it is nothing like the doom and gloom of last year.

7 Likes

Depends on how much gear Dazza From Spotswood manages to bring along to keep the Footscray cheer squad medicated.