Training Report Mon 21st Feb of some year before 2023

So do their players …

56 Likes

Would need longer arms.

Phillips injured? We are cursed. Season over.

Steady on.

4 Likes

is cjohn’s ‘friend’ his wife trying to perve on archie under the pretense of a ‘training report’

4 Likes

I cant say i blame her if she is.

1 Like

Last year I think we were glad to be completely rid of Worsfold, but not sure if Rutten was already the coach in 2020 anyway. We’d lost Daniher and Saad, and McKenna shot through. Replacements were a bit light on, 2MP and Hind, plus Caldwell, and we had 3 high picks that were (and still are) probably a few years off. We weren’t sure where our goals were going to come from and put a lot of stock in an essentially untried Irish ruckman. Zerret looked like he had a foot out the door and so did Smith, who many didn’t have in their best 22 but still, it wasn’t a good look. We also got a new president who was a big talker for sticking up for ourselves and took the credit for Zerret and Smiths re-commitment. We had an easy draw, and after losing a few close ones we starting winning the games we thought we should, snuck into the eight and were soundly beaten.

This year is a bit meh… We’ll have a harder draw, but our coach has had an extra pre-season and there’s no rumours of in-fighting or rebellion. Our new guy is yet another defender in Kelly who most of us had never heard of, and… ummm… Baldwin, who’s a promising kid but hasn’t played a game yet. Our 3 high picks from last year faded out or were injured and still look to be a few years off really owning a spot in the side. Harry jones was revelation last year but but started getting stress fractures and has had an interrupted pre-season like 10 other blokes. Stringer & Walla are out for now, Hooker retired and Hurley still might never play again and we all have doubts about Stewart and where to put Franga.

So really I feel there was probably a bit more hype last year coming off a low base, while this year we probably feel we won’t go backwards but we aren’t quite sure if we can take a step forward.

4 Likes

Better nail those portaloos down!

Will there be any curries on the menu?

2 Likes

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know where Marty Gleeson is playing this year?

its gotta be nackers. dont see many training reports from him now

1 Like

Lid on?

Sounded like it.

Nah, I think I’m quietly confident. But last year making finals was unlikely, and when we did it was a big deal. This year we are expected to make finals, but we did that last year, so it won’t be a big deal.

1 Like

Me too was a weakness of ours that the top teams expolited. we are a system based team which i love

3 Likes

Would not surprise me one bit if we surprise the comp and make a jump I’m quiltey confident.

2 Likes

I reckon we will be a team challenging for top 4.

As long as our injuries don’t fall off the wagon like last year, I’m confident we are finals bound.

2 Likes

Jebus

2 Likes

Not easy to make finals with competition tightening up.
4 teams outside the 8 last year’s are challenging for a spot this year, be tougher again.

I’m all in! lol

2 Likes